Is it possible to permanently save payee bank details?

I have never noticed this before, because there’s a few payees I pay regularly through bank transfer so they appear under “Recent payments”.

But my mother just asked me how to save payees, because one of her payees no longer appears in “Recent”.

It seems like a fairly basic feature so I’m kind of surprised about its omission.

6 Likes

Hey Chris!

I’m afraid this isn’t something that we have right now, I’m afraid :frowning:

We agree that it’s something needed, and it is definitely something we’re working on.

7 Likes

Out of curiosity, how many payees remain in recent?

If it helps, you can find them again in the home tab and there is a “send money to” option here. I’m not sure if this will still be there after removed from Recent though

1 Like

Worthy of the roadmap?

After Breakdown (and Apple Pay! :wink:), perhaps the Payments tab could be next?

3 Likes

Can’t believe it doesn’t just save them how annoying… everyone’s legacy bank at least does that

6 Likes

I’m a bit confused why this hasn’t been implemented before now… Especially in a mobile only bank…it’s not as if we can login to a browser and obtain the info from elsewhere…

1 Like

This is a basic feature that really should have been launched with the Current Account rollout as the account is seemingly ‘current’ in name only atm. This doesn’t affect me now as I still essentially use Monzo as a prepaid offering for spending, but it must be noted that I use Revolut for bank transfers (international) & recently one substantial domestic transfer. Revolut have a better payee system than my legacy bank & i’d appreciate Monzo redirecting more resources to this area. No complaints just constructive feedback if in future this is to become my primary account, which I’m sure it will.

4 Likes

An additional feature I just thought of that would be awesome to include: Add folders/grouping to make organising payees easier. I’d love to be able to sort my saved payee accounts by my own accounts, friends and family!

3 Likes

+1 for this idea…

4 Likes

I’m new to Monzo, and not being able to save payees is a disaster! Surely this must be fixed soon…

The payee section of the app is currently undergoing a revamp and hopefully will add what you’ve mentioned. I think changes are rolling out over the next month or two as part of the big list:

2 Likes

That’s a relief - thanks for letting me know.

1 Like

I am finding the whole payee list thing a real pain.

2 Likes

Yes… it can’t go on like this!

I reckon fixes around this will be out in the next week or two as it’s on the big list

4 Likes

Hoping we’ll get an update from the Big List soon!

1 Like

“Better payee management” is marked as done in the July 3rd update with a note that we should see the improvements “in the next month”. I don’t see them yet… But hopefully we don’t have long to wait.

2 Likes

Is this still being looked at? I also use Starling Bank who have this feature and I have to say it is much more convenient and so much easier to use than the current Monzo set up! I really do think this needs to be looked at as a priority!

2 Likes

That means ‘better than they had at the time’, it doesn’t encompass all of the changes that people are looking for. Now that the current list of changes is complete, they’re going back to this as one of the current projects they’re kicking off at the moment.

1 Like

Can recent payees be removed? Or updated and saved so I can give them nicknames? I have a couple in there that were wrong details that are confusing now and I have a couple of accounts in my name and it’s hard to tell which institution they are for!