Is it possible to permanently save payee bank details?

You can delete recent payees by holding down on the payee and selecting delete.

You can’t edit payees to give them nicknames yet.

1 Like

Thanks though holding down on my iPhone 8 doesn’t do anything, when I eventually release it just goes to the pay page like normal.

Press and swipe left

1 Like

Got it! Feel stupid now!

it’s not the most intuitive so don’t question your intelligence :grin:

1 Like

I try not to but it’s hard some times!

Hopefully better payee management is still in the works, it’s a convenient feature that is seriously lacking in Monzo and one of just a few things that are stopping me going full Monzo.

2 Likes

Hi is there any update on this? Really need the ability to save and manage payees.

1 Like

Starting to think that Monzo are racing to add new features that are not particularly vital and ignoring ones that a lot of people have been asking for, for a long time. The app is great but saving bank details is WAY far behind other banking apps. It shouldn’t only show the most recent payees, as a minimum they should all be there listed in date order. But really a way to save it under a name, just in case they have multiple bank accounts, should be added. Also don’t fall onto the mistake of every time you add a new reference, you add a new entry into the list. First Direct do this and it’s aweful.

1 Like

Have you not seen the new ‘multiple accounts per person’ functionality? Things are improving.

2 Likes

What functionality is that? That it adds 2 entries for a person with different bank accounts?

Yes. That’s what the rebuild of payee management allows for but it’s still being implemented

1 Like

Does the app permanently store anyone you’ve sent money under the ‘RECENT’ section, or do old payees drop off the bottom of the list eventually?

I note that it still doesn’t appear to save references :man_facepalming:

On iOS when you enter the reference field it shows previous entries.

1 Like

References have been saved and reusable forever and I’ve never had a payee drop off yet. Maybe I’ve never had sufficient new ones at one time to do that, of course.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.