Introducing Monzo Chat

Couldn’t agree more about value of both Search in Monzo Chat, and visibility of Monzo Chat roadmap. :ok_hand:

6 Likes

Does anyone know what Software the new Chat is based on and is it open source?
As Rather than just discussing this stuff I could just have a play with it instead and see if I can figure out away to do the search function

It’s their own custom chat to my knowledge

2 Likes

Monzo built it themselves in-house.

1 Like

Oh…That’s annoying

Feel free to bring it up in the chat you’re in - the conversation shouldn’t be closed until the initial query is also dealt with.

Thanks. Was more wanting to make sure I wouldn’t get lost in the system somewhere in a random queue.

What should I do if I did have an urgent query in this scenario (I don’t, just curious)?

2 Likes

Raise a normal chat :blush: not seen how that works on our end though, could be interesting.

But that would stay in the regular queue though, surely? As opposed to the Urgent queue?

My bad, I read that as non urgent (my brain wakes up properly at 3 when I start :wink:)

Is your current chat urgent? That might be why it’s not allowing you to surface a new urgent chat.

If it’s not already urgent, I’ll have a look at passing it onto the Monzo Chat team. Because in theory, if you’re already in touch with us, it’s much better just to reply to any open conversations than opening a new one. Urgent or non urgent.

3 Likes

No, the current chat is non-urgent. There’s no new issue, was just hypothetical :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hello, I’ve been trying to get a hold of a Monzo customer service adviser to help me, kind of urgent, have tried contacting since 8:30am no reply, no sign of a Urgent button

Are you contacting them through the app? It seems that, as @Hatticus pointed out :point_up_2:, once you have submitted an unanswered chat message, the Urgent button disappears for any new message you want to submit. Did you mark the first message you sent as urgent? If so, the whole thing should be in the urgent queue. If not, I don’t know what to suggest, it does seem to be a problem with the current system that it’s not possible to submit an urgent issue if you have a non-urgent one outstanding already.

@beths, any way to give this a nudge from your end?

Completely agree with this.

I do think some sort of re-nameable bookmarks system would be useful too. Conversations could be separated based on when the emoji customer survey appears.

5 Likes

Aaaand there is that nagging thing that the chat does not allow me to upload any documents. I tried a .eml(that is an emailformat in support of my claim) and even if I renamed it to .txt, which it ultimately is… it still would not get accepted as valid document upload…

If you’re having trouble with attachments you can request to send them via email. I wanted to attach some things, and write large amount of supporting copy which is very hard work in such a small window.

I was given a reference number and an address I could send an email to and that worked a lot better :slight_smile: Perhaps you could do the same?

2 Likes

I emailed something without asking for ref, and the COp in the chat found it instantly.

It was from the email address registered on the account.

I realise this is quite an old chat, but I have a question relating to Monzo Chat - is it possible to obtain a copy of the chat conversation e.g. by getting it emailed to me? Apart from copying a single response, there does not appear to be any other features (unless I am missing something)

Hi,

There is no easy way besides contacting monzo and asking them for an export.

Search contact us in the help section to find chat.