Introduce yourself šŸ‘‹

" Iā€™m considering investing tomorrow, but have never bought shares before. Can I sell them whenever I want? "

Hi Alex, welcome to Monzo community forum , it might be worth reading the crowdfunding thread if youre considering putting in a reasonable amount

2 Likes

Hi Iā€™m Stuart,

Started using monzo recently and very impressed.

Havnt gone full Monzo yet due to lending facilities not being quite up to Barclays Premier yet.

I actually own my own business that is a disruptor business in another sector so seeing Monzo is a welcome into the market.

I downloaded Starling and Monzo but preferred Monzo so Sterling has gone.

Looking forward to the 5th Crowdfunding.

5 Likes

Hi, Iā€™m Rob,

Had monzo since May, after a few of my mates were talking about it, now gets a lot of use tracking my spending on certain things (lunch :sweat_smile:).
Iā€™ve kept an eye on the forum for a while, while looking at the new features being released and seeing what people think of itā€¦ But Iā€™ve now decided to put into the crowdfunding, so figured may as well jump into the forum properly :grinning:

7 Likes

Hi there,

Iā€™m Gian, moved from Australia to London 1 years and just recently became a Monzo customer.

I believe I have and had a total of 15 bank accounts and no-one impressed me like Monzo.

Iā€™m a software engineer and the reason why I joined the Monzo community are:

1. to be updated on news and topics
  2. to be able to submit suggestions and feature requests

Cheers :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Welcome aboard, all! :wave:

Hi I am Rich,

I havenā€™t been active on the forum even though a member for 2 years. Since investing perhaps more than I should have today I am keen to keep an eye on things a little more! :wink:

7 Likes

Hi Im Max from Uk and new to this community
I just invested some of my saving into crowdfunding this morning but I cant see stated on my status ps: I used same email for register here as the one I use for my monzo account

2 Likes

Hi :wave::wave::wave:

Tom here, been a member for around a year. Curiously watched from the sidelines for a while - missed out on Beta, was recommended to join by a friend just prior to Current Accounts being offered so had to wait a short while whilst the ā€˜Golden Ticketā€™ bumped me up the list.

Particular fan of pots, and how simple it is to ā€˜pingā€™ friends money for :pizza: and all that good stuff.

History of working in financial services - insurance broker followed by building society.

Tempted to go #FullMonzo, but I still find cold hard :money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings: alluring, perhaps those days are numbered.

Joined this mornings crowdfunding - very happy to be supporting such a positive movement.

I like:
:dog: dogs
:movie_camera: movies
:chart_with_upwards_trend: spreadsheets :nerd_face:
:video_game: fortnite
:black_joker: poker :spades::hearts::clubs::diamonds:
:oncoming_automobile: cars

Iā€™m fiercely competitive :1st_place_medal:

Monzo is going to help me plan my finances better so I can save for a :house: and avoid nasty card fees when I :beach_umbrella:

Iā€™ve been told I over-emoji :see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

Hoping to make a more regular appearance here with my fellow :monzo:ers

9 Likes

Hiya,
Iā€™m a long time Monzo user - since beta and have invested each time the opportunity arose but first time on the community forum :slight_smile:

Iā€™m a environmental scientist in training and occasionally proactive in conservation projects from protesting gm crops to marine conservation, beach cleans, increasing species diversity and ending single plastic bottle use with the ā€˜refillā€™ campaign etc.

I very happy with how Monzo works from a customer view point and grateful this type of banking now exists ~ yay!

5 Likes

Hi all!

Iā€™ve been a Monzo user intermittently since the BETA (initially got it because I was going travelling and didnā€™t want to pay the extortionate card fees!) and have in the last 2 months decided to go ā€œFull Monzoā€ - and was lucky enough to get in the Crowdfunding round :rocket: this morning and decided to join in on the Monzo Community! :grinning:

Really like Monzo and what they have done/continuing to do and looking forward to seeing what they do next!

6 Likes

Hi!
Iā€™m Andrew, ancient, slow, less able than I once was, single, divorced, twice. Staff member to an 8.5 year old feline, who even now is planning world domination.

6 Likes

Hey there! Iā€™m Kiffy from Manchester! Been a Monzo user since the Beta (I wanna say September last year) and have been endlessly happy with how everything is working out. Am now an Investor and decided to jump on the community side seeing as I hadnā€™t before.

4 Likes

Welcome everyone, great to have you here on the community forum!

(For those of you wondering where your investor flair is, itā€™ll be along in a few days when Monzo do some magic in the background!)

2 Likes

Hi iā€™m Daniel, and iā€™ve recently opened a Monzo current and joint account with my wife. Iā€™m so excited to see how this product grows, especially the business account as I run my own Wedding Film business. Having lived with debt all my working life (about 18 years), we finally became debt free this year after discovering an American money guru called Dave Ramsey. His sound advice literally changed our lives and now weā€™re keen to use Monzo to stay on track with our monthly budget.

2 Likes

Welcome All :slight_smile:

Itā€™s great to hear your introductions!

Whatā€™s do you like best about Monzo so far?

Got to be the realtime notifications and the speed of the app. My main bank account is currently with Santander and their app is atrocious!

Hi Iā€™m Simon, I just invested and am keen to see how the business grows and changes over the next few years.

1 Like

Hi,
I LOVE my Monzo card and think Monzo is definitely going places. I really wanted to take part in the crowdfunding but was too late (ill in bed with flu yesterday) and now am so sad : (. If you have another round of crowdfunding is it possible to put in orders ahead of time or does it have to be in real time?

1 Like

Another random post to say ā€˜hiā€™, and get my ā€˜first postā€™ out of the way. Also wanted to see if I had a cool ā€˜investorā€™ badge.

4 Likes

Welcome! :wave: