IFTTT for Joint accounts

Think that’s the problem :rofl:. That could be one unhappy QA tester.

:joy:

“where are our savings?”
“Ummm - over there stuck in that raspberry pi”

Haha, who am I kidding I have no savings :joy::sweat_smile::pensive::disappointed::confounded::sob:

2 Likes

Definitely want this to be a thing! I’m keen to link up strava to monzo to do things like add £1 to holiday pot for every 1K ran. This would hopefully incentivise my missus and I to go running. I’m not keen on having to learn 2 APIs, host a middleware in order to achieve this especially since IFTTT can do this for personal accounts. Come on monzo! :pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

2 Likes

+1 for having joint account working with IFTTT

1 Like

There was talk about having a hackathon (with pizza) for IFTTT and Monzo at one point. That would give this some life. So many ideas on how this could work with a joint account but so few skills with computers to be able to create them.

+1 for having joint account working with IFTTT

1 Like

Any news on IFTTT for joint accounts??? Come on Monzo!!

2 Likes

I’d love to support this. My only gripe would be that development comes after hidden pots are released so we could use IFTTT actions to trigger hiding and showing pots

1 Like

Upvoted, too. As others have said, my main use of Monzo is in the joint account area. My other half only has a CA because he needed one to have the JA.
I’ll look into APIs, but IFTTT is so straightforward that I think many would find this useful.

3 Likes

Hopefully this happens soon. Would have been great for new year spending challenges

2 Likes

Yep, really need this to work, otherwise no use for IFTTT for Monzo to me.

1 Like

Ugh! This is a drag.
I really wanted IFTTT for JA’s for card purchases for Google Sheets so I can stuff it into an accounting software. :roll_eyes:
Doing QIF/CSV exports manually every day is a pain in my thigh
C’mon Monzo, work on IFTTT

It’s being worked on

+1. Only use Joint Account so would love to see IFTTT support there.

2 Likes

+1 IFTTT for Joint Pots would be incredibly useful please. Is this in the development pipeline?

Thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @MonzoCarrie & welcome :wave:

It was about to be in development earlier this year:

Then the pandemic hit and no doubt the priorities changed. I would also like to see IFTTT for Joint accounts - in fact I’d like to see a lot of missing things put into Joint accounts :pray:

1 Like

Thanks so much for the quick reply! :blush: I’ll hold out hope it might be a feature for 2021 then :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

Maybe slightly off topic, but I think the original thread is now closed. This originally stemmed from needing Amex purchases automatically moved to a Monzo Pot for Joint Accounts. In theory, the below could be expanded out to be used for anything.

If anyone is interested, it’s effectively a workaround for IFTTT integration by using the Monzo Developer API and Joint Accounts. It requires the following:

Android Device
Tasker App
Monzo Developer API Setup

In a nutshell, what happens is that when I make a purchase on my Amex Cashback Card, this sends a notification to my Android Phone via the Amex App. The Tasker App picks up this notification, and then sends an API call to the Developer API (which I’ve setup access to for our Joint Account) which moves the amount specified in the notification to an Amex Pot. My Amex Direct Debit is then setup in Monzo to be paid from this Pot.

I’m happy to share the granular details if anyone is interested. I’m not a Developer, but an IT Consultant with a Scripting background. The Monzo API Developer documentation is very good and very easy to follow if you understand how HTTP requests work.

1 Like

Just tried to do an IFTTT with joint account and couldn’t find the joint account, came straight to the forums to find it isn’t supported. Come on Monzo show joint accounts and IFTTT some love!

2 Likes

Really frustrating that you’re not able to use the best features (advanced round-up, IFTTT) with joint accounts

3 Likes