Gotta catch 'em all — The Monzo Current Account Preview testing challenge 🏆

I presume there is a going to be a third gen card based on what the preview blogs have stated? Whats the difference between Gen2/Gen3?

We don’t really know yet.
It will look nicer and be the “production” card - the Current Account debit card that everyone will get.

Here you have extensive compilation from AlexS about 2nd gen cards :D, so I guess that 3rd will be even more tinkering/settings:

Any current account card!

1 Like

Thanks for clearing that up Louis. Car needs refuelling so will check it soon.

For everyone due a t-shirt, they are coming, don’t worry! I’m just a little behind :grimacing:

4 Likes

But how will they know which ones are wrong if they’re not reported?

The majority are likely reported and fixed by the prepaid card database. I’m assuming the prepay and the CA are not currently pooling from the same databases right now.

Otherwise yeah it wouldn’t make sense.

Really? I thought it was just 2nd gen ones? :stuck_out_tongue:

If not, I can confirm the 1st Gen CA card works with many random vending machines!

The working hypothesis is that the issues with unmanned terminals are BIN related, so solving this is a matter of getting each individual merchant to update their terminal BIN tables. Hopefully, they will do this periodically anyway, so these problems should start to disappear organically - but a bit of pressure won’t hurt! :wink:

So it is unlikely your card will work with random vending machines at the moment :pensive:

However, Tesco said their petrol pumps should be working now! Again, if someone would be able to test this that would be fantastic!

2 Likes

Oooh - it worked with the one at Huntington station last week :slight_smile:

Sorry Hugh,

I read that as a question! :see_no_evil: If it has worked then great! That’s one less merchant on my list!

4 Likes

@Louis.cox Call me crazy… but i tested both Asda and Tesco Pay@Pump :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
(Asda was ~0.5p cheaper per litre) but as Tesco was on the way to asda I thought I’d give it a shot :joy:

Asda worked! :tada:

Screenshot_20170831-123849

Tesco did not work! :x:

IMG_20170831_122007

2 Likes

Firstly apologies not sure if this is a useful report as I am not on the card with the new mastercard logo but thought worth reporting rather than not incase helpful:

My card was rejected over past two days on:

1. A train buffet cart (i think the serving person had already happened with other monzo customers as she visibly flinched when i handed over the Monzo card and then went ‘oh great this will be fine’ when i later handed over a Santander card after monzo rejection

2. Tesco pay at pump (see you already have this on the later cards as well so is known about)

It’s great that you’ve shared this but could you please add the name of the train company to this Wiki -

Yup same here Tesco pay at pump not working.

Nooo! I thought this might be the case, it’s one thing saying you can see us on the updated list, it’s another to reconfigure your terminals overnight. I will get back in touch.

1 Like

At least Asda were pretty fast acting!! :grin:

Morrison’s is the same for their Pay at Pump but it worked fine at the kiosk

58D4EA5C-10B8-44B2-8B8A-AADE009D6AE2

Worked at a NYX LRS vending machine (contactless) - not sure if this has been reported yet :slight_smile: