Gotta catch 'em all — The Monzo Current Account Preview testing challenge 🏆

Success here too: with Asda processing the pre-auth, but 1hr+ later and they’re still to actually bill me for the fuel.

Monzo please tell me this is a wonderful bug that gives me free fuel, not merely they’re just slow as **** with their billing… :pray:

1 Like

They are slow. Always are.

1 Like

@effsee

My pay@pump transaction settled <24hrs. I wasn’t really looking out for it but I purchased fuel at ~12:30 on the 31st and when I read your post a few hours ago, I checked my Monzo app and the final charge had appeared :smiley:

Just takes a bit, no such thing as a free lunch :wink:

2 Likes

Following up on using the card with SagePay - just experienced an ‘unable to process’ using a SagePay based website checkout with my 2nd gen card. The CA app shows the payment as being authorised fine, still pending of course.

My card says “beta” on it so is that a new card?

That sounds like a prepaid card. I didn’t think any of the Debit cards had such things on them.

Yeah that’s a pre-paid card.

Yep it had updated by this morning.

One feature I hope is implemented, is an additional push notification when the transaction amount changes.

3 Likes

That would be pretty cool to be fair :raised_hands:

Probably relevant to the thread — had a decline (or two :see_no_evil:) in Sainsbury’s with contactless. The first was incredibly slow and appeared to timeout, and the second after that was an instant decline (Caching in the terminal, perhaps?).

Sainsbury's Contactless Decline Receipt

Chip&PIN went through fine, but appears to have been an offline transaction :disappointed: — I haven’t had a notification in the app yet.

2 Likes

I used a Tesco Pay at the pump yesterday and it didn’t work. I assume we’re waiting for them to do an update still.

Not sure where to place this but I’ve got a current account and payroll are saying 04-00-04 is an invalid code - how long has it been valid?
Does it date back to when you got the banking license or is there something else to be taken into account?

Thanks.

2 Likes

Two of those (West Quay and Swan Centre) are really close to where I live - haven’t been offered a current account yet though! :wink:

Vodafone DD update seems to have worked (via their website):

1 Like

But it does say ‘pending’ - wait until that changes to be sure :slight_smile:

Indeed, but at least it’s recognized, so I’m feeling positive :wink:

1 Like

Colin it’s likely because your payroll hasn’t updated their sort code list. See the thread here Monzo Direct Debit Support Force - Sign up here for tips on encouraging your payroll to get their sh*t together :stuck_out_tongue:
Although not a DD, the same encouragement tactics work for BACS acceptance :wink:

@effsee It’s one that’s already on the list and I am liaising with BACS to try and get the issue resolved :slight_smile:

1 Like

Set mine up online and my first payment came out this morning :wink:

Does anyone else use Better Gyms? I tried updating my details for the direct debit in the gym over the weekend to no joy. Then emailed their support to be told 'you’ll have to use a different bank". :angry:

No response on Twitter either. Think I might have to get BACS onto them if they don’t start playing nicely.