Golden Ticket Not Working

Hello!
First time posting!

I have recieved a physical (and printed) Golden Ticket from a close friend, yet the goo.gl/ link provided is recieved with a 404 error! Is there anything anyone could do to help here?

Thanks heaps!

1 Like

Hi!

It sounds like there’s an issue with the URL. But I’m afraid I’m not aware of a fix - as far as I know, this is the first time an issue like this has been posted.

If you contact the support team, via the in-app chat, they’ll give you a new one though. And in the meantime, I’ll DM you with mine :raised_hands:

1 Like

@mileslibke I just DMed you :+1:

If this happens to anyone else, please do get in touch at help@monzo.com or in-app chat, we’ll be able to help you pretty fast then :tada:

3 Likes

Hi Sam could you help me, I used a golden ticket to unlock my app however I’m still in the queue

I’m sorry to hear you’ve had this issue too. I’d recommend contacting the support team by emailing help@monzo.com or sending them a DM on Twitter, as you’ll get a much quicker response.

I used a golden ticket but am still in a queue, is this because I registered before getting the ticket?

No, something’s gone wrong there I’m afraid. Could you make sure that the email address you’re entering in the ticket is the one that you registered with? If so, try using another ticket - you can grab one from here if necessary.

If that still doesn’t work, you’ll need to contact the support team by emailing help@monzo.com.

I have another ticket. Do I need to uninstall the app first?

As far as I’m aware, you should be fine to just use the 2nd ticket. If it doesn’t work, it wouldn’t hurt to try that though - please do let us know if that’s the fix in this instance :raised_hands:

Just tried the second ticket and I’m still in the queue.

1 Like

Try reinstall, maybe app didn’t update properly. If reinstall doesn’t help, contact help@monzo.com and briefly explain the situation. :slight_smile:

Hi, I downloaded the app as I had been sent a Golden Ticket, yet I didnt apply this straight away, and ~I have tried to activate this golden ticket since, and whilst it says the ticket has been activated, the app shows I am still in the queue!

send an email to help@monzo.com and they’ll be able to help out.

2 Likes

Hi, I’ve moved your post to this topic, in case any of the advice that’s been suggested earlier helps too :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I’m suspecting that you mistyped your email address on the golden ticket and it has not matched the (correct) email address that you’ve entered in the app.

Could that be a possible explanation? :thinking:

Hello,

I’ve been sent two golden tickets however after following the steps, both of them have failed to work and there are still 17k+ in the queue ahead of me.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi Nikkita,

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve run into this problem. Some tips from other users have been shared earlier in this thread so I’ve moved your post over. I hope that helps :crossed_fingers:

If you have to use a different solution than the suggestions here, please do let us know what it is :raised_hands:

HI Alex,

Thanks for your response.

I contacted Monzo via the facebook messenger app, they approved the golden ticket, I proceeded to complete the onboarding and have successfully topped up.

The issue has been resolved and I should hopefully receive my card tomorrow. :slight_smile:

Nikki

4 Likes

Just thought I’d put my friends experience on here. My friend has a @googlemail.com address, now when I did his golden ticket for him I used @Gmail.com. When he went in he was still in the queue… I had to go back and use another ticket for his @googlemail.com address.

Until this time I had always thought that googlemail emails would go to a Gmail account and vice versa, but apparently not. Beware of that if you are having issues with golden tickets and Gmail.

gmail.com and googlemail.com are indeed interchangeable when sending emails.

However the email address used to register with Monzo needs to match the email used on the golden ticket. There are other email companies that have interchangeable domains which Monzo will class as 2 different email addresses instead of the same (protonmail.com / protonmail.ch)

3 Likes