Edit/Delete recent payees

Yeah this is definitely needed. Maybe be when we swipe left to display the delete button there could be a blue edit button and a red delete button?

1 Like

Can the reference on the previous payment be defaulted to the previous reference so no need to look up for this information before making another payment. E.g., credit card, council tax, ns&i premium bonds where the reference stays the same. :thinking::face_with_monocle:

Tap on the reference field and select it from the drop down list. That allows multiple previous references to be managed.

2 Likes

So cool that can browse on previous references too. Thanks a lot :+1:t3::ok_hand:t3:

1 Like

Hi I have an old payee who I don’t want listed any more and who’s photo I find upsetting. Did this get done? How do I remove past Payees from my Payee list?

Thanks!

Go into the contact, press edit, then delete

I have opened the contact from my list of contacts at the top of the payments screen and there is no edit or delete option there. It’s disturbing because their first name begins with A and is at the top of my contact list, every time I open that section of the app. I literally have to look at that photo every time I want to pay someone.

I’m using Android and the latest version of the app.

It’s the 3 dots in the top right corner. Tap that, then delete.

That’s what I’m saying. There is no 3 dots. No ‘hamburger’, no anything that would allow me to edit or delete the contact.

What steps are you taking? You’re on the payments tab right? and have tapped into someones name on this screen?

Yes. That’s exactly what I did.

It’s hard to help you on here because we can’t see what you’re seeing.

As others said it’s definitely a feature so you’re going wrong somewhere

Please can show me the three dots on your screen in that dialogue? I am in that dialogue and there is no 3 dots. Nil, nada, it does not exist.

Again, what 3 dots?

I’m sure you can imagine what 3 dot stacked ontop of one another look like :grin:

It’s difficult to help because you’re not very forthcoming with information. It could be that your app is outdated, you’re on a phone that’s not supported, I have a labs feature turned on that you don’t, the type of payee, if they’re in your phone book and you’ve given Monzo access to that. The list is endless.

If you want someone on here to help, you’ll have to provide more detail. Otherwise contact Monzo in app.

Hi. I think the screenshot is as forthcoming as it’s possible to be? I’m using a Samsung Galaxy 20+ 5G. I have the latest version of Android and the latest version of the Monzo app.

If there’s anything else you need to know, feel free to ask?

Seriously though, can you see 3 dots in the image I posted? Can you show me these dots on your screen please?

My guess is that you have payment with friends turned on and this person is in your phone contact list. Does that sound right?

The three dots are top right of the screen you captured. When pressed you get the delete option, per @Ordog

Strange why you do not have them.

I have just checked mine and they there on mine.

I have never sent a payment to them and yes they are in my contact list. But they are also a Monzo customer, hence why I assume that Monzo can grab their Monzo profile photo. If I delete them from my contacts, I suspect I won’t see them in Monzo. But I don’t want to do that. I don’t look at my contact list every day, so this isn’t an issue. But I do look at Monzo almost every day.

How about going to your contact list on your phone and appending “Z_” before their name.

Does it move them down the list and off the screen?