Edit/Delete recent payees

You don’t need to have paid them to see them in your payee list if you’ve enabled payment with friends. By enabling this you’ve given Monzo access to your phone contact list to create all these.

You have 4 options.

1. Disable payment with friends.
  2. Delete them from your phone contact list.
  3. Contact Monzo as I believe they can delete them for you
  4. Be mega patient because I believe this section is being overhauled soon. But expect a long wait
1 Like

I did exactly that before you suggested it. And yes it works. But to be fair this is also a privacy issue. The photo is of my ex with her new guy. I would rather not use the app than look at this every day, lol. Even though doing this shoves it to the bottom of my contact list in Monzo, it still doesn’t knock it off the screen. It only shunts it about 6 places down, because for whatever Reason Monzo only grabs a limited number of my contacts.

Sorry to hear that mate.

I understand your frustration only to well, sadly.

So it’s best I delete it if I can.

Door number #3 is for you then.

Drop Monzo a message in app chat in the morning (they’re closed now unless it’s an emergency) and explain why it’s important that they’re removed.

Good luck :crossed_fingers:

They ought to tighten up on things like this. Give users a way to decide which contacts to show and which to hide. Like I said, it’s about privacy too. I’m sure my ex doesn’t want me to see this photo any more than I want to look at it.

Life has a funny way of rubbing your nose in it, lol.

Haha it sure does. Hopefully they’ll sort it for you soon and it can all be behind you.

Like I mentioned, they are aware of the shortcomings in this area so they are working on improving it as we speak. Or so we’re told. There’s a topic knocking around on here somewhere of you wanted to get involved.

Sure. Which one?

It’s hard to search properly on my phone but I believe it all starts here with this post from a Monzo employee