Do you have the chat button? (Poll)

I’ve used chat once in 30 months for something I couldn’t solve myself and I don’t have it :sob:

2 Likes

Someone could always do a data request to find out? :face_with_monocle:

I must admit this has really got my heckles up this morning.
The only time I’ve contacted support in the last year is to get some limits raised.
Why on Earth would my bank try to hide basically the only way I have of getting in touch with them? And no the articles don’t help me. I’m pretty savvy with monzo and I know when it’s something I need to contact them and when it’s something I can learn from a help article.

2 Likes

I’ve only ever contacted them for a pots statement once and that was last week. And a reported fraud case but that was a push a button on transaction and give details.

1 Like

If you find any of the options that give you the chat with us, if you select it you can talk about any issue and it will then add the continue to talk/conversations.

How many users also have TestFlight version or Android equivalent.

Mine is still showing and on TF

I’m on Android beta (TF equivalent), with no immediate chat button in-app for ages.

3 Likes

Same here :slightly_frowning_face:

The chat has been gone for me for around 6 months when I was free but I’m plus now

1 Like

How is one supposed to communicate with a bank that has no contact mechanism?
Why would I trust them with my money?

Search contact us and chat comes up
Email them
Call the number on the back of your card

Exactly. One of the reasons I stopped using Monzo as my main account. I strongly believe that a bank shouldn’t put hurdles in front of customers trying to contact them when they need help as people trust them with a lot of money at times

And I don’t think it works anyway – most people will just as well get through but will probably be more annoyed with COps as they had to jump through extra hoops

1 Like

I’m very tempted to do the same. I get you can just search ‘contact us’ but why? Why make it harder. It’s a bank! You should be able to get in touch easily.

Because they’re hoping that this will encourage people to self-serve more; or that they’ll come to the community and get their (not account specific) questions answered by the free support forum members offer. But I don’t think FAQs in app improved much, and people who come here tend to just say they don’t have access to chat and get promptly told how to do it

So I doubt it reduces chat volumes by much, but at least it annoys almost everybody who tries to contact them

2 Likes

Could you imagine if Lloyd’s or Barclays decided to try and hide their phone number or make it really hard to find on their website to reduce the number of calls

We actually discussed a lot of other companies who do the same in different topic. I’ll try to find it for you unless you want to have a quick search yourself

I’m currently with Barclays and their app has buttons to chat, call and video call them, right on the home screen. I have a number of accounts in the app but even for me, it’s just a little bit of scrolling to get there. And last time I had to call, the button also took me through security so I didn’t have to answer extra questions.

Although the Barclays chat experience to me seemed inferior (the few times I tried, they struggled to understand some queries and sent canned responses based on keywords instead; and you have to keep the app open and the screen unlocked), it is at least real time. I think this is how accessible customer service should be at all banks, really

I’ve said it numerous times, you should have to self serve but chat shouldn’t be hidden.

And Monzo should make the chat-bot that you get to first smart enough to filter these things out.

“I’ve been defrauded” = Goes straight to a person
“How do I close a pot?” = “Here’s a handy link that may help. Did this solve your query?”

4 Likes

Fixed it for you :wink: otherwise completely agree. There are ways to cleverly encourage self-service; and ways to really piss customers off

5 Likes

People don’t read, they don’t want to look themselves, people will scroll past the info to get to a button that means they can ask someone.

That’s life. That’s customer services. Hiding how to get in contact only serves to annoy people.

2 Likes