Do you have the chat button? (Poll)

I know removal of direct access to chat support is either being A/B tested or gradually withdrawn for all (am not sure which). But I’m curious how many on here currently have access. Go to the Help page in the app and scroll down. Is there a “Chat with us” / “Get in touch” button somewhere on the page (or similar button that gets you directly into chat support)?

Chat button available on Help page?
    • Yes (and I’m a free account holder)
    • Yes (and I’m a Plus or Premium account holder)
    • No (and I’m a free account holder)
    • No (and I’m a Plus or Premium account holder)

0 voters

Also interested to know how many have access to chat buttons at the end of certain help articles. I’ve picked a couple of articles below to ask this question. They’ve been chosen because for me they vary in whether or not I have access to chat at the end of the article. For me its cheque article no and overdraft article yes.

Go to the “Paying in a cheque” help article. Do you have access to chat at the bottom of the article?

Chat button available at bottom of ‘paying in a cheque’ help article?

0 voters

Go to the “Managing your overdraft” help article. Do you have access to chat at the bottom of the article?

Chat button available at bottom of ‘managing your overdraft’ help article?

0 voters

1 Like

I had all the chat buttons before upgrading to Plus and after upgrading to Plus. Guess I should select the free account holder option?

I would suggest answering based on whatever your status is today

4 Likes

Interesting poll - don’t recall this being polled before when the chat about this first came up.

For what it’s worth, for a while when this topic first came up, the only access to chat I had was via the Contact Us page (on a non paid account), then at some point moved back to having Chat Button access, and then later I joined Plus.

(So if nothing else, I can at least say my access to Chat changing is not in relation to being a paid custoemr)

3 Likes

I’ve not had the chat button at all in help since the first reports of it disappearing.

But there are certain help pages where I do see ‘Get in touch’ like ‘My metal card isn’t working’ or most topics about gambling/addiction/mental health/repayment troubles.

That’s an interesting one. “My metal card doesn’t work” has a “Get in touch” button, “Contactless doesn’t work” has an “Order a new card” button.

Yeah that type of variation was the purpose of question 2 and 3 in my poll. I have access to chat via “Get in Touch” on the cheque article but not the overdraft article and wondered what experience others were having. From the answers it seems the variation between users is at both the main help page level and the article level.

1 Like

It was the other way around for me, which would be the way I’d expect (if “Get in touch” isn’t there for both). I’d expect a “Get in touch” button for any enquiry which could be from someone concerned about potential financial loss or hardship, so I’m surprised (and a bit shocked) if it’s like that for you.

1 Like

Actually that’s what I meant. I have it for the overdraft article and not for cheque article. But from the poll it seems some don’t have it for the overdraft article.

I don’t have the chat button on my main help page. For people in this situation I really think the chat / get in touch button should be at the end of every single help article.

2 Likes

This doesn’t exist for me. I do however have a “Getting an overdraft” help article. FWIW I don’t have a Monzo overdraft.

4 Likes

Didn’t think of that potential issue with the choice of question!

2 Likes

No chat for me in the main part with Plus, nor before I upgraded.

Monzo have said it’s no A/B testing but obviously won’t reveal the criteria.

Do you reckon its part of Monzo’s image of banking being in the customers control. More Self Serve. Most of the time i have found at the end of flows it ends up telling you to contact Monzo anyway. I had access to the chat straight from the help menu all the way from Monzo, Plus, and Premium so not sure what the criteria could be

Just out of interest, what do people have at the bottom of their help articles? I have a ‘I can’t find what I’m looking for’ button that opens chat. Do others just have a chat button?

1 Like

I have the ‘does this solve…’ with yes no, some suggested articles, but that’s it.

No ‘I can’t find what I’m looking for’.

I get the impression it varies which is why I included the following in the opening post…

Yours appear to have gone from chat with us to pseudo U2 lyrics

Edit - just realised you’re asking about bottom of help articles. Ignore.

I have “Get in Touch” button at bottom of overdraft article.

1 Like

At the bottom of the overdraft article I’ve got TWO ways into chat. I am blessed.

3 Likes

I have always had a chat button at the bottom

1 Like

Could be because I’m a premium user though

2 Likes

I remember always having the Chat to Us button when i had the free account too

3 Likes