Discounted airport lounge access for Max and Max family

Hey, I’ve got some exciting news to get your week started :tada:

From today, both Max and Max Family customers can enjoy discounted airport lounge access, provided by LoungeKey.

You and your guests can enjoy access to over 1,500 airport lounges worldwide, all at a discounted rate.

To get started, head to the Monzo app and tap on the Max tab at the bottom. Scroll down the list of benefits and tap ‘Discounted airport lounge access’. You’ll then be taken to their site to get setup.

If you’re a Max or Max family customer, lookout for the email arriving this morning with the updated Ts&Cs.

As always, please give me a shout with any questions.

Ross :slightly_smiling_face:

22 Likes

It’s not a bad price, but it would be nice to offer say 4 free passes a year considering the subscription to Max

8 Likes

This is great news. I really feel like Monzo listened to the feedback! Thanks!

4 Likes

What is the price?

2 Likes

£24 per person per visit.

1 Like

I’ve never used a Loungekey lounge.

What is the experience actually like? Are they always busy?

Any advice/tips on how to get the best out of them?

1 Like

Lounge key lounges are just like the others (dragon, etc) it’s just a different membership.

2 Likes

I used it before when it was with premium, and lounge key was great. You just link the app and your card together and then book through the app. You don’t technically have to book with the app in advance but if you are going to particularly busy hub airports ( like one of the London ones) then I would book in advance.

Yes, finally a perk that feels premium.
Now, about this Greggs nonsense…:wink:

2 Likes

6 Likes

To be fair to Monzo, a good few others including HSBC charge for this too. You can also use it towards other things (with HSBC at least!)

Was there a reason this wasn’t just in there from the start? Genuine question - did the data tell you they were more used/perceived value than you thought?

Great move by the way!

4 Likes

Tried registering my Max card in the LoungeKey app… it doesn’t work …

If you don’t have a Loungekey account, create one but don’t try and add the Monzo card yet. Use the physical Monzo card at the Lounge reception for the first time. If you give the Loungekey account email address to reception, they’ll tie the Monzo card initial swipe to your LK account and the Monzo card should be added to your LK account automatically.

If you’ve already got a LK account which has/had a card connected to it you may have to start again - forget the existing LK account and make a new one from scratch with a different username. Bonkers I know, but it took repeated calls to LK to find out that only one card can be connected to a LK account and then that card can’t be edited or deleted by the user. The card seems to disappear after a few years - maybe when it’s expiration date is met?
So it is (or it was at the time) a case of a different account for each connected bank card.
Correct as at summer 2022

My experience:

2020 - LK account #1 - Monzo Premium card connected
2022 - LK account #2 - Monzo Sunshine Yellow card connected
2024 - LK account #1 - Profile now asks to connect a payment method (Premium card no longer valid) - Monzo Max card connected

2 Likes

Thanks for this clarification David

1 Like

Great news!

Please could you clarify what I will be charged when arriving at the lounge as LK is only charging £6pp

£24 using Monzo.

£24 for you, £24 per guest you bring with you. No theoretical maximum.

So £6 to book then £24 to get in that’s crazy it’s much cheaper to book directly

I have never booked before and never been turned away. I don’t see much point in booking but thats up to you :slight_smile: