Direct Debit manual switching

Seriously makes no sense at all. I’ve been with them about 15 years. Maybe that was it?

I’ve asked for a few direct debits to be switched. How will I know when they are? I see nowhere in the app to show what direct debits I have setup, a basic feature of other online banking. Thus, I assume it’s there and I’m being really dense not finding it?

Go to spending tab, and at the bottom you’ll see a tab just above the drawer for “recurring payments” (if you have any)

Nope, I’ve looked there repeatedly… I’m guessing then that it only shows up once one of them is set up?

Uh yup basically. You’ll have to wait for the company to send the mandate to Monzo

Not a problem at all, I just expected it to be in its own section perhaps like my legacy bank, so the UI confused me slightly.

Feedback - might be worth adding the direct debit section even if there aren’t any to make it clear there aren’t any?

1 Like

I had a day of changing over all my Direct Debits - approx. 20 in total, had no issues at all, some were online and some had to be done over the phone but all were accepted no problem at all.

I’ve just done this for my council tax. The direct debit shows up on the Spending tab before the first payment is taken (eg. my first payment is due on 28th November, but the direct debit showed up in the list today). The list wasn’t visible before the first entry was made in it.

I agree the UI for this needs a lot more work!

2 Likes

407EACC0-4767-458D-9910-D79A7B5C5B3B

BT was a quick phone call, looking forward to having a company logo on my direct debit as oppose to BP in a circle.

Think the location of the DD should be reworked but i am a happy camper :yum:

1 Like

Also having problems with TV license. Wouldn’t accept it on the web front end so emailed them for assitance. Haing explained in my original email that I believe the issue is because I’m using Monzo and it’s a relatively new sort code they then replied with:

:man_facepalming:

1 Like

I can’t wait for enriched data on the DDs either

2 Likes

Well, follwoing all the verbal assurances on Friday that it would be done immediately, I had an email this morning saying they were having ‘problems’ setting it up but were working on a solution so would let me know when it was resolved.

I suppose I should see it as a good sign that they’re not asking me to do anything about it.

The fine will be in the post :wink::wink:

2 Likes

I too have had problems with TV Licencing, tried online with no joy, rung them and they state the sort code and back details are incorrect/unrecognised - seems they have not heard of Monzo yet?

Report to BACS, Monzo has been around longer than a month - no excuse!

Yet some of us have been paying them for a while:
D6802097-0234-4BBB-A656-E28967053DD9

1 Like

This is interesting as I am thinking of doing at manually, I may wait for the current account switch service and use this instead.

One of the great features I have found when I made a payment from my current bank Starling to my monzo account just to test it out, is I was able to send money back without entering the bank account number and sort code. The app seems to save it. Does anyone know of this works with all payments received?

Seems to from all the payments I’ve had so far :+1:

1 Like

Having just received and activated my Monzo current account, I’m now faced with transferring over my direct debits. I think I will wait until a switching service is available!

What a brilliant feature! Would this be for commercial companies or just individuals?