Desktop version of the Monzo app (full feature Monzo Web)

I would also add that Whats App is a great example of this.

Mobile is great but if Iā€™m on my laptop I would really like a native Monzo desktop app.

Also like right now my phone is broken and it would be great to not put all the eggs in one basket.

2 Likes

So at the Future of Monzo event they showed a design for a business banking web app. I think they said these were just ideas at the moment - it hasnā€™t been built yet:

I hope that if they do it for business theyā€™ll do it for the personal account, too. :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

OK, so I bought a new Android phone and it doesnā€™t run Google Managed Services and has no access to the Google Play store. Is there anywhere else we can get the Monzo app?
Life would be so much easier if it were just a PWA with a responsive web interface that would work irrespective of the screen size/etc, then all I need is a web browserā€¦itā€™s really quite common these days, tbh.

[edit] I found it on apkmirror.

1 Like

Life would be much easier if Android/Google ecosystem worked better, how can it not allow you access to Google Play store? Sorry not touched Android for a few years so this is mind-bogglingly backward.

And I agree, most banks have some form of online banking system, wonder where it is on the Monzo Product Roadmap (that I keep asking for but still havenā€™t seen)

1 Like

How common is it for a bank though?

Would love to know which phone it is

Unless they are disallowed legally from using Google (i.e. Huawei) or choose not to for other reasons (several internal market Chinese makes) there is little reason not to have it available

1 Like

Marcus does the PWA quite well

4 Likes

It the US president putting Huawei on his ā€˜entity listā€™.

1 Like

How common is it for a bank though?

I think most banks have web sites these days. I donā€™t really know which ones are responsive so they work on a phone - Iā€™m not sure that is important, tbh. I thought Monzo was progressive, but it seems not :confused:

Would love to know which phone it is

Unless they are disallowed legally from using Google (i.e. Huawei) or choose not to for other reasons
(several internal market Chinese makes) there is little reason not to have it available

Indeed, it is a Huawei Mate 30 Pro 5G/512GB.

@Zain
What is ā€˜Marcusā€™?

1 Like

Bank of Scotland have one (so presuming that itā€™s also applicable across Halifax, and Lloyds).

1 Like
2 Likes

To be fair, Marcus doesnā€™t really have much ā€˜to doā€™. Itā€™s a nice clean interface for a very simple account.

6 Likes

Ouch.

OK, so Monzo on the Huawei Mate 30 Pro mostly works, but there are some (one?) feature which doesnā€™t work, and thatā€™s the ā€˜Nearby Friendsā€™ featureā€¦not sure what that is but I can live with that, I suppose. Iā€™ve not tried much yet, so there are probably some other features that donā€™t workā€¦time will tell.
It all seems a waste of time when we could just have a web app.

1 Like

Please make this happen. I understand that Monzo is a phone app, but some of us want to have the freedom to make lifestyle changes, e.g. cut down phone use. Part of this would be the ability to turn my phone off without having to turn it back on purely to manage my account.

Another way to resolve this would to automate payments from Pots more, for example if I shop at Retailer X, please deduct this from Pot Y. As this is the main reason I need to manage my account.

1 Like

You can do this with IFTTT, have a read up on it and give us a shout if you get stuck :slight_smile:

This may be an unpopular opinion however has anyone thought of being able to access your bank via a laptop as well, sometimes when sorting out bills/money i prefer to be on a laptop as opposed to the small screen on my laptop. Has anyone else thought about this?

Yup, this is one thread of a few where it is mentioned.

You can use web.monzo.com to defrost your card, see your balance or see the last 90 days of transactions already, but you canā€™t make transfers etc.

Itā€™s one reason why Iā€™m now looking at Virgin Money for my main account.

3 Likes