Current Account Investor Cards

Disagree with @anon44204028 (never Christmas cards lost, yet)

Before Christmas would be amazing!

If anyone wants to know more on this particular subject then I’d recommend checking out the video from last nights Open Office

A pretty thorough explanation by @tristan of how they can discuss pretty much everything :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sounds like you’ll be able to press the button and order them whenever you feel like it - before or after xmas!

Bonus question - are all the investor cards CoralCore™?

1 Like

Yes that they will :grin:

Does anyone know when the Investors cards are coming? :blush:

Before Christmas :slight_smile: I can’t wait I’m still on the 1st generation debit card with no name and the old MasterCard logo haha!

4 Likes

Are we still sure it’s before Christmas? … :alarm_clock::eyes:

1 Like

@RichardR said yes, barring a disaster!

1 Like

looking doubtful now…

1 Like

I just upgraded to the current account and asked in the chat if I will be getting an investor card. The response was that they are not quite ready and they will contact me as soon as they are. Doesn’t seem too likely to happen before Christmas.

Email sent out to some investors today about investors cards; (Link taken from Monzo Slack)

http://mailchi.mp/monzo/your-investor-card-is-ready-an-early-christmas-present-from-monzo?e=a85d9cb641

And a waring from @tristan

Tristan Thomas [3:57 PM]
Warning: you’ll still get an email from us later if you order your card now — please don’t then write in to say “I just got the email even though I ordered”

1 Like

Any pictures of the new card design Monzonauts?

We switched on automatic investor card ordering at 13:27 today. If you upgraded after that time you’ll be getting an investor card :+1:

It’s possible you asked customer support just before that information had been communicated to them :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Well, that was unfortunate. I just got my debit card today. I will be away until January so probably will do the card change in January and keep the non-investor for now.

Is there any way that investors could just get the most up-to-date card, but not with “investor” plastered all over it?

I know I’m in the minority here, and sorry to be a pain.

Thanks.

If you ask via in-app chat we can remove the investor label from your account, so you’ll just get normal cards. This likely isn’t a procedure the COps team is familiar with yet, so I’d recommend including a link to my reply here :link: so someone asks me about it if they’re not sure.

You’ll also not see an investor badge in the app once that launches, but I get the feeling you probably don’t mind about that :slight_smile:

Non-investor card orders can go through either of our card manufacturers, so are not guaranteed to have the hot coral core.

2 Likes

Would you like to sell me your shares? :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

I’m with you here, the big “investor” text in the corner feels a bit gaudy/gratuitous and probably gives people the wrong impression that I’m some kind of megabucks Venture Capitalist or something rather than the spare-change crowdfunder that I actually am.
Would prefer a smaller mark/logo/highlight/affordance that Monzo superfans* could knowingly nod at without it being too in-yer-face.
I’ve (re)ordered a card just now anyway to get my name in the corner and the Coral Core™, but am in two minds about the INVESTOR! bit.

* Term selected from a shortlist of less-favourable terms

2 Likes

what about those that have waited for the investor card but have yet to upgrade to the full current account?

how will that process work?

The first card to be received will be the Investor Card, as your account is tagged with it :slight_smile: