Cifas marker Tod

It wasn’t me that said they were expensive, that was @Rat_au_van :slight_smile:

You’ve seen their fees?

£12.50 a month for the account and then

At least the PIN is free

1 Like

Snitch

2 Likes

In all seriousness, try Revolut - their not a bank…yet, but would be FAR FAR better than CardOne

Cash Plus is now a bank I read somewhere!

Should have gone with Think Money
Still £10 per month but none of the extra fees.

While not a solution here, there should be something available for those unable to get an account elsewhere. Not having a bank account is an issue these days, and I believe the Post Office no longer offer any accounts which I suspect would be a major problem for those on benefits.

The suggested paid for options are great for those who need them, but there really should be a basic free facility available for those who need it.

1 Like

Transferwise can be used as an account

2 Likes

you should try nationwide apply for a normal account and it will offer you a basic account if you don’t qualify for the account you applied for

Interestingly, they are trying to become a bank

1 Like

Presumably the only reasons they haven’t become a bank before now are funding or regulatory hurdles. Any marketing about working around being a bank or being proud of offering services despite not being a bank is purely because they’ve been unable to do so until now.

2 Likes

Do you know if Card One shows on your credit report? I’m looking to get an account just to switch it out for a bonus.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.