Cifas marker Tod

They should. HSBC aren’t part of the Lloyds Plc group (incluses BOS, Halifax and Lloyds)

So they accept Cifas

1 Like

You can ask any bank for a basic back account but they could still turn you down, the following is a couple of years old but is still relevant.

So if Monzo say no you’ll have to try a few more banks for a basic account or looking into a prepaid card account or a Credit Union account.

What to do if you can’t get a bank account?

Unfortunately, many companies will charge a customer more if they can’t pay a direct debit or standing order and it is often essential to have a bank account for wages to be paid into.

If you cannot open a standard bank account, you should ask your bank about a basic account.

You can use these to receive money and pay bills, but they won’t allow you to use an overdraft.

People can often get basic bank accounts if they can’t get a standard bank account, but if they have been suspected of fraud or money laundering they may still be turned down.

Other options available to those who may not have access to a bank account include pre-paid cards which are essentially top up cards where the user pays cash to transfer money onto a card. That person can then use that card to pay for services.

It is also worth checking if your local credit union could help. The community run, not-for-profit organisations are known for acting in the interests of its members. They may be more open to allowing a member to join who has been denied by other banks.

2 Likes

Are you saying monzo accepted your application?

This is gonna be like Tales of the Unexpected. We’re not gonna get a proper ending.

1 Like

Monzo have said no

Shame :frowning:

You can try monese, some people have luck there.

2 Likes

Have you tried applying for a Basic Bank Account?

Here’s a list of some of the best, and it strikes me that a solution is in there for you:

1 Like

Tried monese too

except the tabulated three banks, Virgin, Barclays and Co-op dont accept those with a record of fraud

Cash plus? It says you can get wages paid in

You probably can’t get a bank account so it’ll just be prepaid cards with fees

Pockit is another possibility

Co Op don’t accept who told you about these 3 banks accepting Cifas

Card one money have accepted

1 Like

Jeez, they seem to be very expensive but at least you have an account now

I read the article

1 Like

And have very bad reviews on Google and Facebook and Trustpilot :grimacing:

Their website reminds me of the early days of the internet, it’s not pretty

Beggars can’t be choosers I guess

Quality review

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl::rofl:

Very true!

I’m not sure how markers work but surely the longer that time passes with no new cases of fraud the better? So in 6 months to a year some of the banks that have rejected him now may change their stance?

Hm, they must have closed their account for no reason.

4 Likes

What do you mean by expensive