Cashpoint failed to give me my money and then took my cash card as well

Unhelpful customer service cashpoint error went to the cashpoint on Friday early morning check my balance had the money in my account we went to draw it cash machine made with alright sounds then reboot itself said not to retain and pin and took my card

Your best bet is reaching out to Monzo either in the app or over the phone.

Iā€™d temporarily freeze your card too if I were you. :slight_smile:

Hope you get it all sorted.

3 Likes

Have you frozen and ordered a new card?

I can take a while for the cash machine operator to reconcile the machine

Canā€™t see how this is Monzoā€™s fault. Sometimes machines break down. What you just described could have happened at that moment with any card issued by any bank.

Tell Monzo in-app, then move on with your life and put it down to one of those things that happens occasionally.

2 Likes

Iā€™m a single dad on benefit right itā€™s not a little Ā£10 is Ā£300

So unhelpful donā€™t want to help me canā€™t quite recredit me why that investigating saying that it might take up to 8 weeks to get my money back after only get paid once a month

Do you think Monzo should just give you Ā£300 whilst they investigate? Clearly thatā€™s not going to happen.

The processes have to be followed.

4 Likes

Well weā€™re not all not all of it but but they should be able to offer me some help the first time that ever happened to me all they say is they canā€™t help me did not explain that to me in it

Itā€™s normally quicker than that. It just depends if the machine says thereā€™s extra money in it

1 Like

Maybe they had trouble understanding what your problem was.

4 Likes

Have you asked them for help? Or worked with them on a compromise?

I had the same thing happen at the machine 4 weeks ago took Ā£250 from my account but didnt give me any cash. Still waiting for it back :woman_facepalming: says could take up to 3 months

1 Like

Think itā€™s joke it three months to get back and not guaranteed normal bank would got money back for us on same day donā€™t understand why take so long

I very much doubt a ā€œnormal bankā€ (whatever that means) would be any quicker in this case because theyā€™d still have to wait for the ATM operator to investigate. The only cases I can see where it would be quicker is if you were using your own bankā€™s ATMs (in this case the ā€œfeedback loopā€ is quicker as MasterCard wouldnā€™t have to be involved) or were using a credit card and were disputing the transaction under Section 75 (where the law says the lender has to refund you immediately even if the investigation is still in progress).

2 Likes

Barclays or a Halifax would would would find your money straight away no not not 8-weeks waiting time other friends what does happened to with a normal bank account high Street Bank the time to get the money back in the same day they phone up so I donā€™t know where youā€™re from

Happened with me with Santander and took about a month

Luckily it was only Ā£20

Apparently, it is only when an engineer comes round and counts it all up etc. Which I imagine is less frequently due to COVID.

Some banks are offering interest free overdraft, Monzo might if you explain the situation

It happened to my mate with that bank it was 250 and he got it back the same day

Barclays: 4 days, or 12 if not their cash machine (https://www.barclays.co.uk/help/cards/using-cards/atm-problem/)
HSBC: ā€œnumber of daysā€ - https://www.hsbc.co.uk/help/card-support/query-transaction/

Kinda the only info I can find. Guess it all is a matter of risk analysis for a lot of these banks etc. :slight_smile: And might seem like a regular fraud vector ā€“ https://www.theguardian.com/money/2018/oct/06/bank-atms-cash-machine-mistake-error

1 Like

Harping on about it here wonā€™t unfortunately speed up the process, all you can do is keep up the contact with in app chat and see what else they can do whilst waiting for the return to come through

1 Like

What happens if the person forgets to take the cash, and the machine ā€˜eatsā€™ it back? Does it get counted in again, or require some sort of reconciliation when the machine is next refilled?

1 Like