Can't transfer cash from my credit card to Monzo

I have three credit cards; an Amex, a John Lewis and a Tandem. Both of which allow me to bank transfer to them with the reference being my card number. And this will pay off my bill. So that could be an option for you?

I can provide the account number and sort code for the accounts of the credit cards I use. I would think MBNA/Barclays offer the same sort of thing.

I think she wants to move FROM Credit Card TO Monzo, not the other way?

1 Like

No. Monzo is a really nice product.
In overdraft fees. Deposits fees. Overseas fees - I can use Starling bank fee free.
I can’t really see any advantages. Instant notifications only

Ah apologies, you’re right. My mistake!

1 Like

Ah. Thanks for the education. Every day is a school day :+1:

2 Likes

Well thanks for that. Enjoy all your other banking products! :wave:

1 Like

Something I’ve had to do all too many times in the relatively distant past when my finances were less ideal. Had not occurred to me that this was not such well known information. Forums continue to demonstrate this and other cases!

2 Likes

I had no idea this was a thing

3 Likes

May be silly/obvious, but did you enter the correct sort code? I’ve come foul to this a few times.

04-00-04

1 Like

Yep checked the sort code and sent all the details through the in-app support. They can’t give a reason why it’s not working. It’s all very strange

Hopefully you’ll hear from MBNA or Barclays soon. After all they are the ones giving the error so they should be able to tell you exactly what the cause is.

1 Like

Starling have a free overdraft facility? :open_mouth:

Probably the overdraft fees.

They do if you have an equivalent amount in a Goal (Pot).

I have availed myself of free Starling borrowing, offset against an amount of money I’m keeping for specific work on my home, for a few months now, to pay off borrowing quicker (have saved myself a year’s worth of interest).

1 Like

I have £167 in my coin jar. This means I can go overdrawn by £167 without incurring any overdraft fees. It’s a great implementation by Starling.

Oh right, well you can move money out of a Monzo pot in the same way and enjoy a free overdraft too. You could even name the pot ‘Overdraft’ and approve yourself for 0% loans

2 Likes

But you’d need to manually move it out, otherwise you’d incur charges. Also, while it was in the pot, you wouldn’t earn any interest. Anyway, back on topic… Don’t Barclays and HSBC just need to update their database of sort codes?

1 Like

I ha e managed to move monies from my mbNA credit card to starling account.

It’s down to the credit card companies database to decide what sort code they accept I guess. I’m surprised this still happens, I haven’t heard of one of these issues (here) in a while.

Yeah it’s weird, there shouldn’t be a problem here but there is. I’m starting to think the problem is on the Monzo side and not the credit cards as I’ve now had the same problem with a few (let’s not judge how many credit cards I have)