Can I go back to Hot Coral

I think there might be something to my theory…

Which theory?

I think it was recent plus downgraders are getting new coral card.

There’s still a couple of distributers of cards isn’t there? and it’s just the luck of who you get the card from?

If you held a paid product for a while you get a “new” card which is the notched flat card. If you upgrade then downgrade in a short space of time you get a “replacement” card which is the old ugly card.

To prevent people gaming the system and mass losing their cards.

1 Like

I fall foul of that theory, and a few people seem to as well.

1 Like

Is that something that your average Monzo user is really bothered about, though? We’re nearly all enthusiasts here!

1 Like

In my personal life I don’t know a single person who cares what their debit card looks like lol.

6 Likes

100% this :joy:

1 Like

There was a huge influx of people begging for a neon card so I’d say yes.

That was advertised in the app though as special edition, I assume these new Hot Coral won’t be.

They had been heavily promoted in-app and via social media, though. I honestly don’t think the average Monzo customer really cares whether their card is embossed or notched in the same way that we do.

1 Like

I downgraded from premium and didn’t it get, just got the embossed one

2 Likes

Do people still use physical cards?

When the card looks nice yeah!

I was talking to a guy today who uses cash. Don’t give up on those who are left behind.

Yeah totally. I remember an outcry over DC going almost cashless a few years ago. The unbanked etc…

But I mean… i find it fascinating seeing people use a physical card for contactless, as they hold their iPhone in their other hand.

Absolutely, and that’s ignoring the fact that there’s is a contactless limit when using a card.

Wait, what’s DC?

I did this exact thing today. I also could have paid with my watch. In my defence, it was early.

3 Likes