Can I go back to Hot Coral

I upgraded to plus and got the plus card, tbh it is a bit meh and hot coral is way better. Can I keep plus but go back to the hot coral card?

1 Like

Yes. But it might cost you a card replacement fee.

If you were to “lose” your blue card then you would get a free replacement of your design choosing.

1 Like

Yep, I think it’s the worst of the current suite of standard Monzo cards (though I’ve never seen a Premium card in the flesh) Flex, joint and and business are all very nice. Plus looks (IMO) cheap and nasty. I only took the Plus card when I upgraded my account because it was non-embossed.

Once I can guarantee that a replacement hot coral card won’t be embossed, my Plus card might be “lost” or “damaged”…

3 Likes

You hearing this @N26throwaway?!

2 Likes

That’s the most blasphemous post I’ve ever read on this community and that’s not even hyperbole. Probably.

3 Likes

I hadn’t seen the business and joint account cards before but just looked and yes they do look good. The Plus card does seem a bit cheap, not really holographic (although looks good in app and apple pay), and is just not as much fun as Hot Coral

When I clicked to see what would happen if i lost my card it just froze it and then asked me to confirm address. I didn’t see an option to choose a different design, but I didn’t go past the address step just in case it went ahead and ordered it

1 Like

I don’t think I could go back to Hot Coral whilst it remains embossed

1 Like

ahem

9 Likes

:scream::scream: no way?! I feel this may be a wind up? Is it completely numberless?

Numbers are on the back.

Shut the back door, when did these become a thing?

Might have re order…. I’m on plus but much prefer the coral… will need to see if I can wangle one

I do have a yellow card at the mo, on Plus, so when the Yellow expires next year, I’ll go blank Coral

I ordered a replacement recently and got the embossed card :sweat_smile:

1 Like

No idea, I seem to be the only one who’s got it. A few people ordered new cards and they came embossed. :sweat_smile:

Was yours a reorder or a new account?

yeah my daughter signed up just last week and it was embossed

2 Likes

I went back to hot coral from the premium metal card just so I didn’t have 2 white cards at the top of my account home page and on Apple Pay as I have the joint account also.

I’ve had my account years. I downgraded from Plus and got that card.

1 Like

Just as I suspected, I’m guessing people on paid tiers will get printed cards first

1 Like