BOJO as pm

If whoever flagged this post did it because of the bit quoted here, I think you might have been a bit hasty.

Can’t believe your post got flagged for quoting that. This post will be flagged in 3…2…1…

It must have been automatic. Maybe because I quoted a flagged post a few times. It got flagged as soon as I hit reply. No one had time to read it.

:thinking: There’s no transparency about why posts are flagged or who flagged them when they don’t go against the community guidelines. My post got flagged for saying something which was later repeated by someone else without an issue.

2 Likes

Automatic because of the m word is my guess. Remember the issue with the name of a small rodent that builds dams on rivers?

(Which I cant repeat coz it’ll flag this as well :grin:)

That fixed it. Thanks.

I think the original post should be unflagged, in that case. The poster was saying someone shouldn’t be called that.

1 Like
  • Britain will leave NATO, end the special relationship with the US, and unilaterally abandon nuclear weapons. A standing army, navy and airforce is “unnecessary”. Bases will be turned into nature reserves and the arms industry “converted” to producing windturbines.

Need I say more?

1 Like

It’ll be picked in a flag review and should be unhidden then. It’s an automatic setting that doesn’t take account of context. And CC don’t have the power to review flags

1 Like

Sounds like Trooping the Colour sort of thing. Do we have to dress up?

1 Like

Ending the special relationship seems a bit woolly, to be fair.

I’d assume if we’re getting rid of the Army/Navy nuclear weapons etc, what would we do with America?

It would take about 2 weeks before Russia invaded if we got rid of the armed forces and our nuclear deterrent. And that’s after w lose all of our useful allies round the world. I don’t think people realise how often fast air or a warship are scrambled to chase of a credible threat to this country.
And let’s not forget all the good humanitarian work the armed forces do all over the world.

And what is there plans for the hundreds of thousands of people that would end up unemployed after they are removed from the military

Being from N.I I’ve only ever been brought up to think and vote Green or Orange (Sinn Fein/DUP) and never really paid any attention to the UKs politics.

Its only been since I’ve got older and paid more attention since the Conservatives took over that Ive noticed the typical voter for both parties fits the stereotype to a tee.

At this point I hope it is Boris, hed be brazen enough to pull a hard brexit and therefore hopefully brings a border poll and a united Ireland one step closer

You do know the republic don’t want us? Also it would lead to full scale civil war here

You’re right, it’s totally something he’d do

1 Like

I think you might be over estimating Russia’s desire or abilities a bit.

Defiantly not overestimating the Russian ability at all there as advanced as us these days. And he’s loopy enough to take over anywhere that is a bit weak in his eyes.

Two weeks, though? There’ll ne Russians, with snow on their boots, marching up the Mall?

They have planes and a very capable airborne force let alone a more than capable navy. If we can launch a force in less than 24 hours you can bet your bottom dollar they can do the same

Whilst it probably wouldnt make financial sense for them to take us back i dont think theres any doubt that if a border poll were to happen and the vote had a majority for a united ireland in the north then it would happen.

The reason the last civil war stopped was because of the promise that if a majority wanted it a united ireland would happen. Whilst im too young to remember the troubles properly i dont think it would as bad as it was back then if a united ireland where to happen

You seriously underestimate the loyalist paramilitaries. The troubles wasn’t even close to what will happen, even a hint of that and I’m moving. It’s a long way off a majority who’d vote for a United ireland

Boris won’t have a majority, he’ll still need the DUP to prop him up. You think that’s a policy they’ll back? :grin: