The Next PM (Boris Wins)

You all know I love a good poll on here so what with the result being announced tomorrow who do you think will be the next PM?

• Boris Johnson
  • Jeremy Hunt

0 voters

2 Likes

Which one is the least worst again?

2 Likes

It will be Borisā€¦and God help us allā€¦however working for the NHS I would never vote for Hunt either.

However this is not the place for me to go all ā€˜Question Timeā€™ on everyone!!

2 Likes

Which death will you choose?

• Immolation
  • Shark Attack

0 voters

5 Likes

As someone who has set himself on fire in the past, Iā€™m curious to see how the shark attack would compare.

1 Like

Death or Mau-mau?

• Death
  • Mau-mau

0 voters

4 Likes

Sadly it will be boris, I chose Hunt in the poll as anyone is better than Boris.
But as Nicola Sturgeon so aptly stated when asked to chose between Hunt or Johnson, is like ā€˜asking if I want to be hit by lorry or busā€™

3 Likes

Loooooooooool

I think it will be Boris but Iā€™m not a fan of either so I might hibernate.

1 Like

Iā€™m almost of the opinion Hunt would be worse as weā€™d just have switched one powerless remain-campaigner PM for another. He would just flounder around and burn through time until he resigned and triggered another chance for Boris.

Boris at least will be a catalyst for change within the mathematics of the House of Commons, which would help us move on from this in a positive or negative way.

Shark attack would be preferable to a Sturgeon attack.
Corbyn or Sturgeon canā€™t think of anything worse. 2 utterly dreadful leaders with political ideas that most sane people thought has disappeared in the 20th Century.

1 Like

I think we all must be able to agree that whoever it is, they will be better than Theresa May.

2 Likes

I donā€™t think they will. The difficulties and problems have got worse, not better. Tory party is further entrenched in their positions, and their majority may shrink to 3. Impossible to govern.

3 Likes

If you take politics out of it, Boris is just as ā€œbadā€ as Corbyn or Sturgeon in terms of leadership.

Sure he was Mayor of London, but then If I were to mention Sadiq Khan as a good leader Iā€™d probably be laughed at, so that isnā€™t a great denominator of leadership ability. The only other role of ā€œleadershipā€ was as Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs he didnā€™t IMHO do a great job at that.

I do think there will be a GE in October most likely, and if the message is right, I could imagine a pretty healthy majority for the Conservatives.

1 Like

Death by mau-mau

1 Like

British Politics is a mess. There is absolutely no leader at all, or party, that I feel I could vote for if an election was held tomorrow. Iā€™d spoil my vote.

3 Likes

So now that Boris is in let the fun & games begin.

Johnson 92,153 Votes

Hunt 46,656 Votes

87.4% Turnout

Not a bad turnout

8 Likes

4 Likes