Bill splitting made simple šŸŽ‰

If they paid you through Monzo.me then the original transaction wonā€™t update Iā€™m afraid.

Hi Tim, one paid by monzo.me the other two via their Monzo accounts. The two with Monzo accounts is still showing as requested.

My mum received this notification. Sheā€™s a Monzo customer, paid when my first notification was sent using Bill Split. Any ideas?image

Did she pay you by accepting the Payment Request? Or did she manually send you a payment of the right amount?

Thatā€™s a very good point. Sheā€™s sure she accepted the payment request. My question then to try and ascertain is would Summary be updated i.e. credited if the payment was manually sent?

Ooh reminders though :smiley:

4 Likes

Yeah, would love this as well, currently manually splitting bills 3:1 (MATH! :() with the mrs so a way to be able to split the bill by ratios or percentage would be great!

1 Like

This is now live in the new Testflight version on iOS. A really welcome addition!

A few notes:

• It would be great to cancel split the bill requests
  • it would make more sense if the list was actual cost rather than round up cost
  • if a payment request is declined, it is automatically removed from the list. It would be good to be able to manually check these or acknowledge them so nothing is missed
10 Likes

Excellent news.

Not sure what you mean by this? so in your example does the person owe you exactly Ā£3? or another amount?

Ah - yes that wasnā€™t clear.

In my example, the person actually only owed Ā£1.20. The original bill was Ā£2.40 which was rounded to Ā£3.00.

3 Likes

In that case yes I agree, the amount shown should be the amount owed to you not the amount paid for the transaction by you.

3 Likes

Feedback for the new Pending Bill Splits section in the Payments tab

• The information given for received requests is great.

Requests sent

Photo%2027-01-2019%2C%2020%2027%2032

• "Waiting for x payments" instead of ā€œWaiting for paymentsā€, where x is the number of pending requests for the transaction, would be a good way of showing how many people owe for a single transaction.

• Ability to cancel sent Bill Splits is important now there is a dedicated section for them. Ability to edit sent Bill Splits would be extremely useful too.

• It would be better if the amount next to the Bill Split was ā€œ+ < total amount of split still owed >ā€. Currently the amount shown next to the sent Bill Split is ā€œ+ < total amount of split transaction >ā€, which doesnā€™t make much sense if you havenā€™t split the entire cost of the transaction.
    (ie: Total transaction cost was Ā£20. Transaction is split between two people: Ā£10 with Person A and Ā£5 with Person B. The amount next to the Bill Split would say Ā£15. If Person A paid their split, the amount next to the Bill Split would say Ā£5.)

4 Likes

i love the idea to easy split bills but i hate the fact that friends outside of monzo have to use the monzo.me link, they should be able to pay in what ever method they want, be it direct bank transfer, paypal or what ever and i should be able to mark off a portion of the bill as paid and link it to the transaction that paid that portion

love the idea, not keen on the implementation.

1 Like

How long does it take for the bill split details to appear in the Shared tab on the Payments screen?

Yeah, now there is a dedicated section all the splits my girlfriend chose to ignore are are flairing up my OCD haha.

Ability to cancel a split would be great. This takes care of editing too as we can just re split it correctly if a mistake was made.

1 Like

Used bill split for first time in earnest this weekend. Someone paid me in cash so wanted to cancel the request via Monzo and found i couldnā€™t. Ability to cancel a request should be there IMO. I like to keep my Monzo super clean, not have requests hanging around that are no longer valid.

The bill for one thing was Ā£100. They paid me Ā£50 via monzo. It still goes down in my spending analysis / budget as Ā£100 spent?

5 Likes

You can vote for that feature here:

What does my vote influence?

Check this out:

1 Like

Personally, Iā€™d have thought not.

If you were making the request yourself then Iā€™d agree with you but wanting to edit someone elseā€™s request seems like an undesirable thing to me. The way Iā€™d expect that to work is that I talk to them and they sort their own request out.

2 Likes