Apple Pay - Any updates?

It’s Apple, I’d love to explain more but I’m under NDA. :joy:

2 Likes

Just another aspect of the apple ecosystem that makes me glad I dont touch it…

Closed… In so many ways…

4 Likes

Maybe work towards having Apple Pay

Apple Pay & Android Pay will be launching with the Current Account. It’s planned for launch in the next 3-6 months :eyes::point_right: https://trello.com/b/9tcaMB4w/monzo-transparent-product-roadmap

4 Likes

It possibly sounds like Android Pay will be available first: https://twitter.com/t_blom/status/905838104904421377

Apple is extremely hard to deal when it comes to those things so I wouldn’t be surprised if Android Pay came out first.

2 Likes

Any time lines on this?

2 Likes

They’ve got it on the roadmap for the next 3-6 months.

Edit: This post might get moved to the Apple Pay thread where it’s being discussed.

3 Likes

It’ll be great if we can add our Monzo card to Apple Pay so you wouldn’t have to take your card out of your wallet every time you pay for you daily coffee, right?

This is a really good idea, I’m shocked as to why nobody has thought of this before! +1 Lets get this done

12 Likes

Hi any update on timeline for Apple Pay?

2 Likes

I think this is on other threads too. But in essence I don’t think they’re allowed to really say do to NDAs with Apple until the functionality is launched.

So all you’ll get is, it’s coming :wink:

4 Likes

can’t wait… it’s one of the main reasons I don’t use monzo so much. APple pay on watch is brilliant … (I use it with barclaycard)

1 Like

Don’t forget Apple takes a percentage out of every transaction done with Apple pay. Maybe it simply isn’t worth it for Monzo to hop on the Apple pay train?

2 Likes

Lack of Apple Pay is definitely my main Monzo frustration at the moment. Pretty much only using Starling as my ‘daily spender’ now because of it. Just did a quick count up, in the last 7 days I’ve made 28 Apple Pay transactions… it’s just so convenient especially with Apple Watch.

5 Likes

Any idea how long it’s likely to be before it’s introduced??

They’re under NDA so it’s on the roadmap but even if they were working on it they wouldn’t be able to take about it until they actually launch.

1 Like

If it helps I know Android Pay works and is undergoing internal testing :slight_smile: (no one told me I couldn’t say this…)

4 Likes

That’s great - thanks for the feedback Andre!

1 Like