I had sent my phone off for repair via Monzo with assurant and to be honest it was a mixed reaction. (Assurant also use a 3rd part repair company called Ingram Micro Services) when I used the service. This may have changed now.
I sent my phone off 1st class and didn’t hear anything for over a week when I was lead to believe I’d be notified when it was recieved and ready for repair. I was able to track it to see where it was but it just kept saying it basically hasn’t been receieved and after 9 days of not hearing anything I was concerned.
That being said, 9 days after I sent it 1st class I did email them to which they replied within 24 hours and said it was received and repaired and being dispatched that day.
So other than the lack of communication of where the phone was or if it was repaired prior to me asking, the repair of the phone was to a very high standard however I was left without a phone for 2 weeks.
There’ll be no comms from - It’s an ‘external service’
not to blame, it’s only the only insurance company that is currently presenting an aura of ‘fail’ - and because it is through , the lack of acknowledgment by the external insurance company puts in a bad light.
This sounds odd to me. You used a bulk discounted subsidized insurance. It really is just that. Given the cost of all other perks it cannot be anything but that. Note how the offering is fully self serviced, without any human customer service involved or priority. I.e. no chat queue jump, no 24/7 phone line, no ticket priority etc.
I’m sure everything will go smooth. Not a big fan of insurance companies of any kind, just rip offs the lot of them.You pay through the roof and have to pay a access when you need them! Unfortunately they are needed in this wacky world we live in.
Forgot to update about that one. A shocking experience overall, but a result.
The biggest problem was the online part of the claim system. It just didn’t work. After 2.5 weeks of submission and several emails to Assurant with zero communication back, I called. They had all my emails on record and claimed they had sent responses to me. But none received, none in junk/spam. So they moved on and closed the open claim & reopened another one. The whole process via phone was actually good.
They then informed that the repair had to be done by an Apple-approved service centre (fair enough) and the cost was £189, so they’d deduct the £75 excess and pay me £114 in 2 days. It was then up to me to arrange and pay for the repair. I thought this was strange for an insurance claim.
So I called the closest approved service centre and they informed the repair actually costs £209 - as set by Apple. I went ahead with the repair and after 3.5 days had a working iPhone for KidW#1 to use. I then received £114 from Assurant.
I called Assurant about the £20 difference I had to pay. They said I’d have to put it in writing, which I did.