Amazon Prime Video

So Amazon now own (deal going though) James Bond and many other franchises.

Can’t wait to see the new Bond film when they finally get to release date at cinemas.

I think they own half of Bond, with Eon still owning the other half and I believe most of the final say.

I hope they’ll put the new Bond on Prime Video as I’d love to see it but I’m in no rush to sit in a poorly ventilated closed space with a bunch of strangers anytime soon!

3 Likes

Open your windows and lock your doors.

Problem solved :man_shrugging:

Ugh. I bet that means there’s loads of old MGM films that won’t get released now. (See also: Disney’s purchase of Fox)

On the other hand, Bezos buys MGM for Trump kompromat?

It would be great to see if they could release it, but I’m sure Trump would have ensured rights to view footage for release as part of his contract for being on the show. It was also originally produced by Trump Productions which means he would have had more leeway to dictate the contract. Here is a quote regarding releasing extra footage from a few years back:

In 2016, just weeks before the election, MGM and Burnett released a joint statement in which they said, “Despite reports to the contrary, Mark Burnett does not have the ability nor the right to release footage or other material from The Apprentice . Various contractual and legal requirements also restrict MGM’s ability to release such material.”

1 Like