Add Payees Easily

Do you have to also send a nominal amount to save the details?

1 Like

If I delete a payee to whom I pay a standing order so that I can merge, will that also delete the SO?

1 Like

You can delete a payee safely :slight_smile: It will not delete any SO’s associated :smiley:

I already had the account details saved for the multiple accounts :smiley:

So I just deleted all but one of the entries for a given person & added several accounts under their single payee entry :smiley:

But when adding them did you have to send a payment to store them? Or am I just not getting it?

1 Like

2 Likes

Originally yes :slight_smile: For them to have ended up in the Payee section of Monzo I had sent them some money :smiley:

If you are adding accounts to an existing payee, no :boom:

I too was confused about this but I’ve gone through and sorted through a few.

3 Likes

Cheers. I just deleted 5 accounts then added them under my name :joy:

2 Likes

Just done the same, cause why not. I now want to drag and drop them alphabetically though :joy: and need the missing logos.

3 Likes

Annoying that the one linked with your Monzo account doesn’t include your Monzo pic :expressionless: I’m sure in time there will be a better way to link accounts to your Monzo though…

4 Likes

Would be good to make sure logos point to the bank, not the parent group (First Direct not displaying HSBC, Halifax not displaying Lloyds etc.)

If the point of the logos is to subliminally alert to a possible mistake, having expectedly misleading logos might be an issue.

5 Likes

I added my Monzo account as a new payee so I could merge some of my accounts under me as a contact.

Apparently when I put my name in as Chris, it automatically updated this to Christopher (even though I’ve got a known as name already).

Also, I was going to delete and readd my SOs but decided against that because they all show up with my name. It would be useful if they show up with both the payee name and the account name (or this could be added to the notes like happens with pots etc) so that it’s easily distinguishable as to what a payment is about.

Looking good though. Can’t wait for th next installment (including contact photos :wink: )

2 Likes

Not sure if it’s a bug or not, but there is no logo showing for my N26 account (s/c: 04-00-26), nor my Marcus (s/c: 40-64-37).

1 Like

Can confirm this.

2 Likes

How do you add them under your own name? Do you have to create yourself as a contact in the phone?

I had already paid my old bank. So used that and added to it.

This is a great feature! :grin::+1:t2: Really looking forward to what is ahead. Keep up the good work Monzo!

NS&I also not showing a logo - 08-31-15

Also, @Jami an actual bug. I’ve got 10 accounts on a contact now, and I can’t scroll down far enough to get the add account button anymore. It’s there, I can see the very top of it, but the screen won’t scroll beyond the last account. I can still get to the add account screen though because enough of it is available to tap on

2 Likes

Ah. I’ve always named those after the bank rather than myself, and it doesnt look like you can rename. I’ll wait til you can merge!

1 Like