Add Payees Easily

Really like it! Looks like a great piece of work so far, excited to see the final product.

One thing that just caught me out is I accidentally deleted a contact and their account details. Would be nice to have a confirmation prompt when you hit the delete button.

1 Like

Looking great so far, thanks for the update Jami!

2 Likes

Really nice feature, great additions! Really looking forward to the improvements you outlined.

1 Like

Woah! Still not there yet but itā€™s great that itā€™s finally coming.

Initial thoughts:

• desperately need the ability to merge existing payees as Iā€™m not about to set up all my SOs again
  • how do you give the accounts a nickname? Is this for new payees as canā€™t seem to find an option on existing payees
10 Likes

Is this live on iOS?
It doesnā€™t seem any different to me? Perhaps I am missing something.

Amazing! :tada::tada::tada:

Just spent 5 minutes manually merging payees, really painless (but once merging becomes a feature Iā€™m sure itā€™ll feel instant :grin:)

Itā€™ll be wicked to edit names, got some ā€œlast name, first nameā€ and some in full uppercase :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: glad to see thatā€™ll make it in at some stage :smile:

Not sure if itā€™s included under ā€œedit payeesā€ but adding a profile photo would be great :ok_hand:

Really nice work on this update, glad to see itā€™s rolled out after seeing all the screenshots from @jscheah :joy:

11 Likes

It is, if you have the most recent version of the app.

2 Likes

Really glad this first step is here! :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Just tried the payees thing. Looks great!
It could do with some polishing, particularly around merging.

I have a friendā€™s legacy bank account which Iā€™d transferred to before I persuaded them to join :monzo:, and their Monzo account. To merge the two was a lot of manual (even pencil & paper!) work.

Here's the detailed user journey if you care
  • First I tried adding the Monzo account to the legacy item, but thereā€™s just a prompt for account details so clearly not intended to do it that way round.
  • Then I tried adding legacy to Monzo by tapping the person in the carousel which of course just opens the payment screen :man_facepalming:
  • Then I looked further down the ā€œrecentsā€ list (Show more) where I found their Monzo account, so opened that and got the account details screen againā€¦ back to the payments screen, find the legacy account, no copy and paste so write details on paper, back to monzo account, type in the details, andā€¦ ā€œthere was a problem, please try againā€.
  • So I deleted the legacy account entry, went back to the monzo entry, and manually added the legacy account again, and itā€™s worked :tada:

Happy with the end result (it saved my standing order to that payee despite me deleting the legacy account for a while), but ainā€™t nobody (except @nexusmaniac apparently :stuck_out_tongue: ) got time to go through all of that every time you want to merge two accounts into one contact!

Great to see these little improvements though, keep up the good work :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Just noticed a bug with the profile picture of a payee being blurry and low-resolution on the payee detail view. Latest iOS app on iPhone 8.

2 Likes

I just took screenshots, deleted the duplicates and used split screen to copy the details across :grin::grin:

Iā€™m also the kind of person who manually transferred all their Direct Debits across before Monzo could be used with CASS :joy::ok_hand:

4 Likes

To be fair I deleted and re-added all the Standing Orders that CASS moved because they were uneditable and the payee names were in all caps and I didnā€™t need the shoutyness. Monzo really caters for my OCD tendencies in that regard

2 Likes

It would be good for the scheduled payment tab to have some indication of which account a payment is setup to.

Iā€™ve grouped a few accounts under my name, but there is still no way to distinguish (apart from the value) each account, without going into the transaction:

IMG_BA5526FD5C4B-1

8 Likes

@jami is it possible to merge payees. I have a few payees with different accounts to merge

See above.

7 Likes

When I tried to add an account to an existing payee I just got " X There was a problem. An unknown error ocurred. Please try again."

Note: Ocurred is spelt incorrectly in the error message :slight_smile:

1 Like

I should read more carefully :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Weā€™re working on a fix for this in our backend services now!

5 Likes

Good news. Iā€™ll hang on.

I have some original family contacts with the format ā€˜Nameā€™ and others with a ā€˜Name (Bank)ā€™ format that I hope to remove and add into the ā€˜Nameā€™ records without having to recreate the lot.

5 Likes

Also have this error