£10 when you open an account!

Well. Crikey!

4 Likes

Nice touch where’s my £10 lol :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

That’s an easy way for Monzo to blast through £11 million :sweat_smile::joy:

Regardless, I would love a tenner :yum:

4 Likes

If I close and reopen my account would that work?

7 Likes

Are there conditions attached to these incentives such as you only receive £10 after making a certain number of transactions?

If not, I would worry that people will open dormant accounts just for £10. If they were forced to make some transactions to receive the incentive such individuals would necessarily experience instant notifications and transaction enrichment, increasing the possibility they end up as active users.

2 Likes

I can’t find that tweet :thinking:

Was it a DM or a reply to something @andrewpclark? :grin:

Uh oh, I should cancel the account closure then? :cold_sweat:

2 Likes

Definitely not a DM, you can’t ‘like’ DMs like that (can you?)

Must have been deleted.

2 Likes
2 Likes

8 Bit Monzo card on mobile :joy:
Screenshot_20181129-185152

2 Likes

Now I want an actual 8-bit Monzo card :grimacing:

5 Likes

Ah. One of my mates messaged me today to say he’d made his first spend and didn’t get his £5, he was pretty bummed out!

Hope he doesn’t see this!

This is as close as I’ve come to a real one :joy:

https://community.monzo.com/t/monzo-for-android-beta-channel-changelog/10207/673?u=nexusmaniac

Doesn’t make much sense on Facebook - £5 lol

Though think it’s a much needed campaign!!

2 Likes

Hastily deleted. I hope I’ve not got him in trouble!

So yeah, this is annoying. Does a legitimate need exist for this type of scheme?

With nearly 3000 sign ups a day, surely this money is better spent on advertising or new functionality to further improve the product and distinguish it on the market.

8 Likes

I get Monzo want to grow quickly but they surely want active users and not people joining just for the offer. Unless it really is £0 or pennies to create and service a dormant account? As opposed to offsetting dormant costs with active users?

2 Likes

Is this what part of our £20 million Crowdfunding investment would be supporting?

Not in favour

6 Likes

I assume this is a continuation of the testing ways to attract more users. It’s not costing any more than the previous £5 for you and £5 for the person you referred trial

2 Likes

This is great. They need something to send the growth viral as the growth curve has been pretty flat for ages.

edit: just to clarify I mean the rate of growth, not just growth which is obviously going up.

2 Likes