Get £40 for spending with Monzo?

My friend got this email from Monzo today. Shows in app too. Anyone know anything about it?

Terms and conditions here:

No one else either of us know have received anything like it and there’s nothing about it online.

3 Likes

No chance I’ll get that :frowning:

7 Likes

Samsies :frowning:

I assume it is targeted at those who have their accounts sat dormant, to encourge them to use it and realise how awesome Monzo is so they continue to move more spending over.

8 Likes

They could send that to me, and I’d be very happy

5 Likes

This doesn’t quite track. The person who got the offer uses the account occasionally, so not completely dormant. Could be to convince him to use the account more?

Those whose account is dormant haven’t received it in comparison, which is why they’re confused about getting this.

What’s strange is there’s nothing about it online anywhere. No one else has seemingly had it.

2 Likes

Do they perhaps only use their account for things like salary and transfers, and do all card spending on a credit card?

If so, maybe I’ll get the offer!

Wow so someone could literally go into a shop and buy 5 cadburys cream eggs, put them through separately on the self-service till and then get £40? Nuts!

2 Likes

1000% cashback! Market beating rates

7 Likes

Just about break even by those prices.

I’d smash the 5 transactions tonight at the bar :rofl:

3 Likes

I’ve not seen the T&Cs, but that screenshot doesn’t even specify that it’s card transactions that qualify.

You could just juggle £1 back and forth between your accounts.

1 Like

Then buy £40 worth of creme eggs. :drooling_face:

10 Likes

Seems like the kind of thing they’d test with a few users to monitor if it makes a difference before rolling out to millions of dormant users

4 Likes

Rushed to quickly check my emails In hope I can score a quick £40 which would have went towards a bill I’ve just gotten but sadly the only email I have from today is a marketing one :cry:

3 Likes

Afaik, it’s just for the occasional card spending. No salary or direct debits.

1 Like

Having this

Here’s a link to the terms and conditions for it if anyone is interested:

Will amend OP with this link too.

3 Likes

The bottom of the T&C ““If we’ve sent you this promotion by mistake we’ll let you know that we’ve withdrawn this promotion as soon as we can””

I wonder what happens if they’ve already given you the £40. Do they just take it back forcing you to go into overdraft?

I would expect, if you’ve already used it, they’d just honour it as a gesture of good will. It’s their error after all and only £40. Not worth alienating a potentially returning customer. But then it is Monzo we’re talking about here, so who knows.

3 Likes

8 Likes

I thought this only applies to me :sob:

1 Like