Yoti- Digital ID on your phone

So the most common use for ID and this app doesn’t work. Completely pointless then.

2 Likes

There’s information on stuff like a Passport or Drivers license you shouldn’t see at all.

I never go around showing my driving license unless I had to if it was to open a bank account. It’s scary to imagine what even professionals can do with something like that in stores. (And before you say it, no. Yoti is encrypted, so they can’t see a thing. As for Monzo… they usually have to manually review ID which is already scary enough as it sounds to me.)

My license number or other personal information. Ah, just imagine what people could do if they deciders to go rogue.

This exactly the posts aren’t written from a normal users perspective and the actual rebuffs are written in similar ways to the Facebook replies from the actual company.

It’s a duff idea and had being since it launched, it’s not gained any traction as ID as the overall majority of user’s can’t actually use it for anything.

There’s a FAQ on the website and ones about why do you have so many bad reviews, the answer is comical

So what do you want me to delete my post than? Because it just seems like you all are not going to be happy until I delete it.

Yoti’s network is growing fast, which means that the app is being accepted at an increasing number of stores, websites and more. Some users may find that they cannot use the app where they would like to just yet.

The Yoti app has over six million downloads. Over the first quarter of 2020 Yoti was installed 690,000 times. In the same period we’ve received 192 negative reviews (both app stores combined). This only represents 0.027% of installs.

Based on our internal statistics, the following reasons largely contribute to this rating:

A user does not own a valid ID document, which is sometimes required when they are verifying their identity with an organisation. The age attribute request is quite common with apps/webs or social media platforms. We know it can be frustrating for some users but this helps businesses tackle fake profiles and/or users pretending to be an age they are not.
Users who cannot yet use the app at many of their favourite websites and apps are more likely to be frustrated and write reviews.
Users who are enjoying the Yoti app and find it useful are less likely to leave a review with their rating.

No basically Yoti you can’t use it as an actual proof of ID in 99.9% of use cases

1 Like

I’ve already mentioned Monzo don’t do the ID.

You need to approach Yoti to talk to Jumio, or convince Jumio they need Yoti.

Its the same if bananas were the new way of IDing it’s still not Monzo doing the checking or having a say in what methods are supported. They have chosen a service.

They are simply passing off the request, here’s a :banana: and getting a response back, is this person who they say they are, yes/no. :bananadance:

1 Like

Not right now at least. Hopefully in the future.

I wonder how invested this yoti employee is in the business :thinking:

2 Likes

So yoti spoke to DWP and got where exactly, you can’t use that as ID to make a claim if they want to see some

So true. I’m just not used to stuff like this… yet anyways.

I understand why people will have an argument. I just thought it be something useful to give to the community. Not saying anything is bad, just an idea. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I was just saying, they presented it to them. I’m not saying they should use it as ID while it’s not considered or approved under no circumstance. I’m just posting an idea for the future in case this is fully accepted and considered.

Looking at the reviews - looks an absolute dog of a product and to be avoided.

2 Likes

So basically it’s a useless blog it’s trying to trick people into using the app when the use case is marginal. If someone was reading that they’d think oh yeah I can use this for all sorts when you clearly can’t

Exactly this, Facebook comments are even better in regards to how bad it is

Seems like a half baked product from what I’m reading… the idea sounds good! But like others have said on here if it don’t work for the purpose then what’s the point of it? Needs to be recognised more universally. The fact you can’t use it to buy alcohol what else would you take your ID to a shop for?

1 Like

Also looking at the reviews of a lot of day-to-day things we use, we should stop using 99% of things we use. Weather that be online or in person if it isn’t going to work.

It’s your opinion though and I respect that.

It’s got potential but until it’s seen as valid ID to buy alcohol it’s not going to be taken seriously for bank identification purposes

Won’t be able to use this at an EE shop for example to get a replacement sim card as they require to see my passport in person, so, what is the point in this app with no wide spread adoption?

The playstore has 5M+ downloads and the screenshots claim 8M+ downloads… fishy

1 Like

That’s a good point.

But it’s still starting off, even in it’s late stage. :slightly_smiling_face:

But I do understand where you’re coming from.

Most review places are balanced that’s the difference, Yoti isn’t it’s bad review after bad review.

I think this horse has been flogged enough now, face it, it’s been around a good few years and hasn’t gained any traction and can’t be used as official ID