Yesterday's transactions temporarily shown as today's in feed

In 1.6.1 and possibly in earlier versions there is a minor bug in the update of dates in the feed. Overnight on refresh the “Spent today” total returns to zero but the items listed under “Today” (which are now “Yesterday”) still show under the heading “Today”. The “Spent Today” is correct at £0.00 but the feed wrongly still shows items totalling (say) £9 under the heading of “Today” rather than under a heading of “Yesterday”. Have screenshot if this will help clarify.

2 Likes

I believe this is a long standing issue as myself and others have reported it before now but always good to know it’s still happening, the easiest fix right now is to completely close your app and reopen to have the correct dates! I’m sure either @emmag or @ivan are on it and it will hopefully be fixed in future versions.

5 Likes

Thanks @jakeoliver I wasn’t aware that this had been reported before and thanks for the work around. I couldn’t see a place to feedback Android beta bugs so maybe this topic will help.
:grin:

Yeah, we are aware of this one. It’s a display issue related to the header view not updating correctly. Reopening the app or navigating to the card screen and then back should fix it because the header gets redrawn on the screen.

Unfortunately it’s not a straightforward fix, but we will fix it at some point :slight_smile:

Thanks for reporting

2 Likes

Just letting you know that this is still happening daily.

This has been happening to me lately as well. I have to force quit the app and then when I reload it the transactions are properly spilt into today/yesterday.
iPhone X
Latest version of iOS and Monzo.

Happening to me on iOS as well

1 Like

It’s a known bug from 2 years ago. No sign of a fix yet though i bet it will be :soon:

:laughing:

1 Like

Hey @notabot1001 and @Paulw , there’s a thread on this in the bug section where you can vote, pop across and vote - it’s only got 2 votes so far and this bug is driving me mad :sob:

1 Like

Voted :raising_hand_man:

1 Like

I know I’ve been critical of this “voting” system already, but should we need to vote on bugs to fix?

I understand the need to vote for future, unreleased features… But bug fixes should be sorted automatically.

Yes, there are only so many hours in the day etc etc, but if it’s a known issue, I’d hope Monzo would just sort it out (unless it’s part of a bigger problem which takes time)?

3 Likes

I agree, I do feel like bugs should just be fixed without requiring votes, especially one that seems to have been a long standing bug.

I feel like now that there is a voting system, if it doesn’t get lots of votes it’ll just be ignored :slightly_frowning_face:

I could be wrong (very often am), but I doubt Monzo will even look at the bug voting (that’s not what it’s designed for).

The fact this particular bug has been around for so long makes me think it isn’t high on their priority list.

That being said, I don’t think we should start voting on bugs to fix, because we should have the minimum standard that they are fixed automatically.

I don’t want to come across all doom and gloom, but Monzo aren’t the little start up of 2016 where they had a free ride for everything.

For a mobile app only bank, your mobile app has to be bloody good!

In my opinion, it’s a slap in the face to see fanfare around new app design and Monzo Plus etc, when the core app is falling apart.

Yes, I know different teams work on different things and all that, but the optics look bad to regular customers who just want a bug free experience.

1 Like

Agree but this is a really really old bug. Probably hard to fix and doesn’t affect your day to day use but still a years old bug is pretty crazy

Yep, I’ve gotta say, I like new features/design etc, but i find it very frustrating when bugs then go unfixed.

Maybe hard to fix, but I’m sure it can be done. It does affect day to day usage for me. If I don’t force quit the app, right into the following day all my transactions still get lumped together with the previous day. I don’t want to have to force quit the app every day just for it to function properly.

You’re right. It’s a pain in the :peach:

1 Like