WWDC 2018, iOS 12, macOS 10.14

I would loooove an @mac.com email!

1 Like

I have recently found Apple Maps better for car navigation in Lisbon compared to Google Maps & Waze.

I tend to use either depending on where I am and where Iā€™m going and if the rental supports Car Play.

All of them have their pluses and minuses. I wish Apple Maps supported driving with friends a bit like Waze.

Mine still works , @mac.com,@me.com,@icloud.com all go to the same inbox they never stopped the old domains when the branding changed haha

1 Like

Yeah - the branding is awful but Iā€™d put up with it if my email was @mac.com.

@coffeemadman I think iCloud is a great brand.

Ae you serious? The online interface is AWFUL.

iCloud is a service not a brand. Apple is the brand :slight_smile:

@coffeemadman yeah, compared to @outlook @live I think iCloud is great, especially with the iCloud logo. Agreed the web interface needs a lot of work though. image

1 Like

While weā€™re on the subject of Apple - Iā€™m selling my iPhone X on eBay if anyone is interested. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F113026963529

Theyā€™re going to have to.

Itā€™s impossible to have a great virtual assistant without data. This will also be the downfall of Alexa. Even with their head-start, they just canā€™t compete with Google on that front, nor on the range of devices.

With Google Assistant being as good as it is, having it on my phone, multiple Google Home devices across my house, my smartwatch, and my Pixel Buds earphones, really feels like a totally new paradigm in computing.

1 Like

Hi Brian.

Possibly move this to another thread for visibility? You could even start the first :monzo: Swap Shop thread or something? :slight_smile:

1 Like

For anyone wanting to watch the keynote here is the link:

4th June, 6PM UK time

2 Likes

Has anyone got Apple TV? What changes would you like to see here?

1 Like

Havenā€™t got one but Iā€™ve used a few in the past. Iā€™d like apple to announce a cheaper version to compete with Chromecast & the Fire TV Stick.
For how much it costs currently I donā€™t think itā€™s worth it.

Same goes for the Home pod, they need to release a smaller cheaper version. Although Siri probably isnā€™t up to scratch for that.

1 Like

Iā€™ve found it to be good, before getting my son a PlayStation it did keep us entertained (in one room) as a family playing games etc. Sometimes my son comes back to it. Plus itā€™s great being able to listen to Apple Music in my TV.

Better content integration similar to the US. I am assuming that is quite likely to happen if Disney manages to buy Sky. Not so sure about the Comcast alternativeā€¦

1 Like

@valbg Iā€™m hoping for this too. :pray:t2:

yes! @valbg this would be great. A virtual Q Box would be amazing, with TV App integration. I know Sky were looking at an IPTV option that wasnā€™t NOW! but they have been pretty quiet on that front for a while. In France, Canal+ give you the option of having an Apple TV box instead of their usual cable box which is a nice touch. Too bad I canā€™t get French TV!

@brian.me Spotify Connect on Apple TV would be great, but I guess Airplay 2 will negate some of this need? Spotify removed Connect from my TV which is real pain as B&O have a really nice multiroom solution that worked super well with Spotify.

I have, but I use my Amazon Firebox more.

The apps just arenā€™t updated enough for me. I canā€™t see everything I want on BBC iPlayer, and they brought out 4K too late.

It works fine, I just donā€™t think the interface is there yet. They push the concept of universal search when it doesnā€™t work on all apps (Now TV for example).

It just doesnā€™tā€¦ feel good to me.

1 Like

Worth a read:

1 Like