Worried - Possibly defrauded by a Monzo account holder

I fully understand your frustration, but since no staff member has read this thread yet, it has technically not been reported yet. I have flagged this topic for review by a member of the team, but should also contact Monzo’s at help@monzo.com, or call them at 020 3872 0620, as they won’t be able to discuss this on a public forum. Good luck, let’s hope this gets sorted.

In addition to doing this, there is a voluntary mechanism in place to deal with requests for reversing Faster Payments. You will need to contact your bank to do this. However, there is no guarantee whatsoever.

1 Like

I think if you email them they will have a look Peter. On a public forum is understandable that they won’t discuss an alleged fraud. Email address again help@monzo.com

2 Likes

One of the financial crimes team will investigate if you email

1 Like

Hello @PeterJames

First of all, I am really sorry that you seem to be a victim of a fraudulent scam. I can only imagine how you are feeling at this moment.

We would definitely be happy to review this if you email us using help@monzo.com. As much information and evidence you can supply would be brilliant. I would also advise you contacting your own bank to see if they can look at recovering this payment as we would need to liaise with them on that side of things.

18 Likes

Nice response @BethS. You’ve started the ball rolling.

10 Likes

You can get in touch with the police or Action Fraud.

Monzo can’t really do much - first of all you have little to no verifiable proof; if Monzo were to act on it and close the account it would open them up to a whole lot of problems where anyone can claim they’ve been victim of this scam and get anyone’s account closed.

Monzo does follow AML laws to prevent financial crime but unfortunately small amounts such as those fall under the radar; there’s really nothing they can do as a bank. This is not limited to Monzo, you’ll get the same issue with any other bank.

Your best bet is to get in touch with law enforcement who can then get the information they need from Monzo.

I’m hoping dinner service :thinking:

3 Likes

They could be a 19 year old working in or studying catering

5 Likes

9 posts were split to a new topic: Removed Posts - 7/7/18

Hey all, it looks like this thread is getting a bit off-topic. So I’ve removed some posts and I’ll close it.

If you ever feel worried that you may have been a victim of fraud: please get in touch with us as soon as possible through our in-app chat, or by email at help@monzo.com.

Unfortunately there’s not much we can do on the forum to investigate. But by chat/email we can look into this and make sure you’re safe.

Thanks!

9 Likes