Why the slowdown in the Current Account Roll Out?

Distance signups now, not sure on to whom other than we’re continuing with the same registration list from the blog post of investors, pledgers, and long time users that meet the criteria.

Just been told by in app support apparently I was only sent the invite this morning and should check my spam. As you’ll see from my screenshot I clearly got it last night.D9A3ABFA-CEF4-45B4-A0CC-221D6802238D

Little bit concerning all this confusion and lack of following through on promises.

I assume you’re referring to yourself there, if the problem was just that you didn’t check your junk folder? :joy:

5 Likes

I don’t recall Monzo promising anyone. And as for confusion, maybe that’s overanticipation maskerading as entitlement?

6 Likes

Nope. I got the email last night to my inbox. See my photo. I immediately responded and was told I’d get a TestFlight invite within 24 hours.

This afternoon i spoke to Chris on in app chat. He said “sorry for the wait it looks like they sent out a large batch of invites his morning and are planning a massive batch Monday and yours is going to be included then”

When I said I was disappointed he replied “looks like your invite was sent this morning please check your spam”

So it’s not my error I’m referring to. I’m referring to

A. Being told i would get a TestFlight invite within 24 hours
B. Then being told sorry actually you have to wait to Monday despite invites going out this morning which was the day after I responded
C. Then being told my invite came this morning which it didn’t

You & @darylbleach seem to be forgetting that part of the purpose of the preview is to test the distribution process, as well as the account functionality.

Yes Monzo are looking for feedback but that’s not the same thing as complaining that everything’s not running perfectly smoothly yet, you should be expecting these sorts of issues at the moment.

The idea that this is a symptom of the long term demise of Monzo’s support is simply ridiculous.

Here you’re referring to a process that probably hasn’t been set up as a documented process yet. So yes, there’s going to be communication issues.

If you’re going to worry about these sorts of things then perhaps you should wait until the full rollout, when everything will be working smoothly, before signing up for a current account?

7 Likes

@j06 I was referring to promises as information provided to me as part of the onboarding. I’d have happily waited in line for my preview invite, I’m pointing out the information I was given did not match the reality

@alexs why is it whenever someone says anything remotely critical about Monzo we are jumped on like a pack of wolves. I have been nothing but supportive of Monzo and have tried to contribute positively to the discussion board. The one time I have a negative experience it’s like I’ve upset the Monzo Gods and how dare anyone express any form of negative sentiment and get responses that infer it must be the complainer that’s in the wrong

2 Likes

You’ve completely missed the point there. Please don’t assume that all constructive criticism is ‘people jumping on you like a pack of wolves’. Jumping to that sort conclusion is what prevents someone from taking feedback on board - maybe that’s the issue here.

Obviously I can point to countless examples of topics where that hasn’t happened, that’s simply not the attitude of the majority of users in this community.

1 Like

I love how everyone is so keen to get their hands on this damn Current Account. Makes me feel like my investment in the company is safe. So much hype! Whoop whoop! :tada:

8 Likes

Hey @jshrager, sorry that you’re upset! :frowning: We really don’t want this.

Part of the Preview process is that things are super janky — we’ve tried to communicate this as much as possible, both in the initial invite email, the video of Tom you watched and the short quiz after. I’m sorry that you feel that wasn’t enough though and we’ll try to make it better!

We (as a company) also haven’t been consistent in the communications you mention in your message above — again, sorry! It’s a totally new process and we have to get everyone onboard with it. Again, this is temporary and in a few weeks it’ll be much better — and after that, we’ll come out of Preview and it’ll be super smooth :smiley: That’s part of the point of the Preview.

Most importantly — did you find the Testflight email? I can confirm I personally sent it to you this morning — chances are it’s in your junk folder or lost somewhere like that. If you can’t find it anywhere, let me know and we can work something else out :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I was infering your (@alexs) sentiments from your comment mocking me for not checking my spam when that wasn’t the chain of events and @j06 referring to me as entitled, again not referring to the chain of events.

And then again me being told I’m jumping to conclusions about people’s sentiment.

I’m sorry for expressing disappointment that when I got excited about receiving the invite I have been patiently waiting for I was then told I’d have to wait.

3 Likes

Hi @tristan

Apologies for complaining on here. I know you are all trying very hard and want to get this out to as many people as possible. It has just been a frustrating day.

Apologies for confusion. Chris’ message didn’t say I was sent the TestFlight email this morning. It said the invite. Hence why I was confused. I have no email in my spam or junk from TestFlight nor my inbox and when I open my TestFlight I don’t have anything.

I can confirm the email I’m checking is the one I use on here and Monzo prepaid which is (removed) and this is my Apple ID for TestFlight too

So I’m not sure what’s happened to the email!

1 Like

And re. slowdown of rollout — you’re correct! We haven’t sent many out this week. We’ve had some delays with card manufacturing which has meant it’s been slower than expected :frowning: I hoped to send out an update about this this week but tl;dr:

• We wanted to reach 5000 accounts by the end of August
  • Some card manufacturing issues meant we didn’t reach that
  • Those issues are now solved
  • Next week, we’re hoping to invite about 3000 people to help catch up
  • We’re still aiming to reach 20k by the end of September :crossed_fingers:

Hope that helps! Please remember — we’re just human back here and normally, things not going to plan isn’t because of some evil plan but just because that’s how things tend to happen. We’ll always be transparent about that with you and involve you in exactly what’s happening.

We’ve released this Preview super early in the knowledge it’s pretty janky to a) get loads of constructive feedback from you and b) because that’s how we do things — transparently and openly. It’s totally OK to wait until later this year when things are smooth and easy if you’re not up for jankiness — no judgement here :smiley:

Thanks all! Have a great weekend :heart_eyes:

14 Likes

It happens. As an investor too you must be super happy to see how much people want to get their hands on the CA. And thanks for taking part in the preview to help iron out bugs like this. It really helps.

When you get the CA app, you’ll be able to air any frustrations in-app. As it’s in Preview, bug reports etc won’t be that helpful here.

3 Likes

No worries — not your fault you were confused! Totally our fault :slight_smile:

So…I’ve resent the Testflight email to you with a + on the end of your email. If it’s not there in the next 2 minutes, have you got another email address I can send it to? Email me at tristan@monzo.com and we’ll get it sorted!

1 Like

Thank you @tristan I received it now.

Not sure what happening this morning.

Apologies again to everyone for venting a bit of frustration

3 Likes

Time I properly move to Starling I think, just been told I’ll get it next week sometime when I was personally told it would be this morning. Looks like my chats with Michael made no difference to how the communications are posted if things are going to be delayed.

2 Likes

@darylbleach Give me 5 minutes to have a look at this please :slight_smile:

Seriously Tristan, don’t worry about it.

Good to see you’re looking at other fintech options rather than ‘legacy’ banks. We’re living in exciting times!

2 Likes