Hi Monzo community,
First time poster, long time wanter-of-better-banking-in-the-USA! And as of tonight, I’m a Monzo customer (even after a hour or so hiccup during signup) which means we finally have better banking in the US!
Here’s a few questions about our debit cards since obviously what we got at the SF meetup was a temporary card and I didn’t hear any of these answered:
- When will cards with our names arrive?
- Will the new cards have contactless support as discussed in your weekly update or will those come later?
- Will the card number, CVV and expiration date be the same as our temporaries?
- Any ETA whatsoever on getting those snazzy new metal cards you just
rolled outannounced in the UK? Please let me humbly volunteer myself to be the first and only beta tester in the USA!
- The PIN has already been set for us and I read that I can change it at “most” ATMs. I’ve tried two, one no name one and one Chase ATM and neither of them had a “PIN Change” option, nor have I ever seen an ATM offer me such an option (I’ll also add that at the Chase ATM it showed me options like withdraw and view my balances but whenever I tried to use any of them I was told the PIN was invalid even though I was looking at it in the app at the time! Are the temporary cards not ATM activated or something?)
Also, I added the temporary to Apple Pay, hope that’s cool. I also hope I won’t have to re-add the new card once it arrives.
Thanks so much for trying to force our backwards banking system to begin to move forward even slightly! Excited to be part of this!