What's the last bit of tech you bought?

does any one have an external usb drive for their ps5 is it any good any recomendations ?

1 Like

On the MagSafe chat, I just picked up a MagSafe car window mount to replace my old QuadLock one. Need to give it a proper test drive.

I stuck it to my kitchen window and it seems good tho so

1 Like

Just ordered one of these for my dog. Not sure how long they’ve been around, but as someone that’s been a fan of and closely followed the US wearable pet tech companies like Fi and Whistle, it’s nice to finally have something that seems decent in the U.K. and with GPS.

2 Likes

I’ve been eyeing a few dog trackers up for a while now after our girl got lost when we let her off the lead for the first time (luckily someone found her) so been debating about getting a tracker myself and this was definitely one of them. Looks decent too!

1 Like

I bought one of these for the car: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08HNBHSQV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Works really well with Magsafe and its really solid.

As good a place as any to park this :eyes:

2 Likes

I know this may have been discussed above, but does anyone have any experience with a mesh wifi system in a flat and any good recommendations?

Go back to this post as a starting point for most recent discussion / recomendations around mesh wifi

2 Likes

Random question… does anyone have a smart/robot mower?

1 Like

That’s just pure laziness :flushed::joy:

1 Like

I was just about to post exactly this!

In my old house the wifi couldn’t make it to my office. I could have bought a mesh system but this was waaay cheaper.

Worked surprisingly well! Full stable internet for roughly £20 for a set of two. Literally plug and play

1 Like

Haha, the size of our garden makes it such a chore.

From reading automated mowers mean a better lawn. They apparently work day and night, rain or shine, just trimming bits so you get a thicker lawn too.

2 Likes

Get a ride on, you’ll enjoy it :sob::joy:

4 Likes

Haha got one! It doesn’t collect grass though so if i dont keep on top if it its a big job. A new one is expensive and the equivalent to a small car.

Smart mowers on the other hand seem far more reasonable. This is where i wonder if there’s a reason and downsides to getting one :thinking:

2 Likes

All I can think of when I think of robotic mowers is obnoxious Americans, don’t know why, but that’s the mental image I get :joy:

Cheaper and possibly better idea!

Rewild!

2 Likes

Surely a smart one won’t collect the grass either?

Find a neighbourhood teenager and pay them!

2 Likes

Even if it did collect it, I can’t imagine it holding much before being full.

They dont. They mow it every day so there isn’t much cuttings. Some are mulchers too so it puts whatver bits it gets to good use

2 Likes

They’re not too disimilar to robot vacuums. Just with added blades of course :sweat_smile:

1 Like