What's on your 'I want it' list?

Toys, gadgets, stuff…

I really like some of the minimal wallets from the purse or card holder thread. Found what looks like a cheaper version of the Trove that I might try - https://amzn.to/2GDbzLT

What are you hankering for?

2 Likes

Ion superior LP Bluetooth wireless turntable at £130 in Currys.

I shall be mine

Linky https://www.ionaudio.com/products/details/superior-lp

I really want the Tetris night light but I keep putting it off. It’s not expensive, but it’s one of those things you put in your cart and never get round to actually purchasing it. I also really want an iPhone 8 plus for the portrait function, but don’t see the point in replacing mine just yet.

3 Likes

Literally got a Pinterest board full of ‘Stuff I Want’.

My biggest upcoming purchase is the Peak Design Everyday Backpack. It’s designed for photographers but looks ideal for my use (laptop, some camera and audio bits, and some space for trainers & gym kit if I need them). It’s fairly expensive but I’m totally convinced by all the reviews I’ve read and watched. https://www.peakdesign.com/everyday-backpack

Battle for Azeroth

Collectors Edition

That’s so retro!

Discontinued…

I love backpacks - but I always want the latest clever idea, this one grabs me - Minaal. But strangely I have never replaced my original MEI Voyager pack - it claims to be the first of the travel packs and it is so well made, my 20 year old one still looks like new.

There’s a ton of pretty good fakes out there :joy:

1 Like

I loved tetris on the game boy. And mario - the only video game I’ve ever completed - on a tiny monochrome display in 1991!

I play a mean game of tetris and used to compete with my friends on www.tetrisfriends.com in high school. I’ve only managed a T-spin quite by accident twice.

1 Like

Have you seen the Nanoleaf modular lighting? I would love a big set of these across my walls!

1 Like

They are gorgeous, but incredibly spendy. I wish I had the spare :moneybag::moneybag::moneybag:

They’re on my birthday wishlist, but I’ll see how work goes… While I was reading over their site again, I noticed if you click through to their ‘Gamers’ page, you can get a discount on the exact same equipment, Not a huge discount, but a few quid less.

1 Like

I really want a Magic Mirror now!

3 Likes

I feel like with their shape they would form the Monzo logo very well!

1 Like

A hot and cool Dyson fan :rofl:

Also I’ve wanted this Lego for years

2 Likes

I picked up one of these a few weeks ago (primarily to use as a camera bag) and honestly, it’s incredible. Yes it’s expensive, but oh my days it’s good.

1 Like

A Tesla Model 3. Though I think 2020 sounds realistic for it. :frowning:

1 Like

I was playing around with my PC at the weekend and managed to setup Homebridge. It’s pretty cool actually, it allows you to control a load of devices that don’t have official Apple HomeKit support.

Anyhow, since I don’t really want to leave my PC on constantly, I’ve been looking into getting a Raspberry Pi to do the job (so that’s on my gadget list). Anybody else got one? :nerd_face:

1 Like

I have done this for the two nest thermostats I have. Though my Mac mini is always on so works great for me.

1 Like

Was surprised I hadn’t heard of it before. I have my Logitech Harmony running though it and also my Mum’s Nest Cam at her shop (as an IP camera). My Mac goes to and from work so it’s not suitable, so I thought a Raspberry Pi would be a good (low running cost?) idea as opposed to leaving my PC running 24/7!

Anybody else got any smart home tech on their list? :yum: