What Will You Do With Your Prepaid Card?

(Frank) #1

As it gets closer to the prepaid cards becoming obsolete, has anyone given any thought to what they’ll do with theirs?

Like others on the forum I am proud to have been a Beta card holder, helping in some tiny way with Monzo’s growth. I see my card as a cool keepsake (especially as it’s an original Mondo card). It’s with this in mind I think it’s too cool to be buried in a junk drawer, but I’m not sure it warrants framing or mounting on a pedestal for showing off.

So does anyone have any interesting ideas of re-using their Beta cards?

Current account upgraders.. what did you do with your prepaid card?
Beta card
Upgrade (Migration) Updates
(Keri) #2

I hadn’t really thought about what I’d do with the prepaid card …

Mine will sit in a small pile of defunct cards - goldfish, marbles, through to supercard more recently.

(Max Walker) #4

I saw the title of this post and thought something along the lines of not another damn post about keeping the prepaid card.

I hadnt really given it much thought either, maybe turn it into a money clip or something by heating then bending.

I guess technically speaking they are property of monzo

(Marcus Nailor) #5

Buy a stand for it :joy::tada:

I suggested this idea to the Op of this thread:

I really love the look of it! :grin::grin::grin:

(Danny) #7

Shred it and throw it in the bin

It’s on my little hot chip stand on my desk at work.

(Hugh) #9

I will probably frame mine or something

(Sacha) #10

Mine’s peeling like a bad tanning job so I’ll probably just throw it out.

(Tony) #11

Bought my hot chip for exactly this purpose. Will take pride of place on my shelf.

(Anthony) #12

I’m hoping that Monzo will run a collection and recycling programme. I’ll probably post mine to their office so that it can be recycled in an environmentally-friendly way

Me too… and it’s sitting happily on my desk as I have a preview CA so I’ve not needed to use the pre-paid card for a while :+1:

(Leigh Nicholls) #15

Surely the use of an envelope a stamp and the fuel costs to send your card back to Monzo for recycling will far outweigh any environmental saving.
Just cut it up and put in the bin.

(Anthony) #16

I’ll cycle to the office and drop it off in person :slight_smile:

this is mine in all its glory, amongst the bits and bobs

(Drew sanders) #18

Mine is already taking pride of place

I’m tempted to put mine in a time capsule for my great grandkids - it could be worth a fortune on EBay as a classic piece of British financial history in 2050 when Monzo is the world’s biggest bank…:grimacing:

(Mr David Martin) #20

I’m going old school :children_crossing: and use it as a paper :page_facing_up: weight, set it in plastic :sunglasses:
Regards

ice scraper for the car windscreen?

Debit cards make pretty poor scrappers. They’re none too good at scraping either. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: