What Will You Do With Your Prepaid Card?

As it gets closer to the prepaid cards becoming obsolete, has anyone given any thought to what they’ll do with theirs?

Like others on the forum I am proud to have been a Beta card holder, helping in some tiny way with Monzo’s growth. I see my card as a cool keepsake (especially as it’s an original Mondo card). It’s with this in mind I think it’s too cool to be buried in a junk drawer, but I’m not sure it warrants framing or mounting on a pedestal for showing off.

So does anyone have any interesting ideas of re-using their Beta cards?

5 Likes

I hadn’t really thought about what I’d do with the prepaid card …

1 Like

Mine will sit in a small pile of defunct cards - goldfish, marbles, through to supercard more recently.

I saw the title of this post and thought something along the lines of not another damn post about keeping the prepaid card.

I hadnt really given it much thought either, maybe turn it into a money clip or something by heating then bending.

I guess technically speaking they are property of monzo

1 Like

Buy a stand for it :joy::tada:

I suggested this idea to the Op of this thread:

https://community.monzo.com/t/just-finished-printing-this-little-guy/16144/60

I really love the look of it! :grin::grin::grin:

3 Likes

Shred it and throw it in the bin

2 Likes

It’s on my little hot chip stand on my desk at work.

I will probably frame mine or something

Mine’s peeling like a bad tanning job so I’ll probably just throw it out.

Bought my hot chip for exactly this purpose. Will take pride of place on my shelf.

I’m hoping that Monzo will run a collection and recycling programme. I’ll probably post mine to their office so that it can be recycled in an environmentally-friendly way

1 Like

Me too… and it’s sitting happily on my desk as I have a preview CA so I’ve not needed to use the pre-paid card for a while :+1:

1 Like

Surely the use of an envelope a stamp and the fuel costs to send your card back to Monzo for recycling will far outweigh any environmental saving.
Just cut it up and put in the bin.

I’ll cycle to the office and drop it off in person :slight_smile:

1 Like

20171025_184942

this is mine in all its glory, amongst the bits and bobs

4 Likes

Mine is already taking pride of place

1 Like

I’m tempted to put mine in a time capsule for my great grandkids - it could be worth a fortune on EBay as a classic piece of British financial history in 2050 when Monzo is the world’s biggest bank…:grimacing:

4 Likes

I’m going old school :children_crossing: and use it as a paper :page_facing_up: weight, set it in plastic :sunglasses:
Regards

ice scraper for the car windscreen?

1 Like

Debit cards make pretty poor scrappers. They’re none too good at scraping either. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes