Upgrade (Migration) Updates

I’ve seen the “typically replies within one day” message a couple of times… yet they’ve always been pretty on the ball.

Unless you’ve contacted them and had to wait an unreasonable length of time, i think your statement is unfair.

4 Likes

@AsifMD title of this thread is. Upgrade (Migration) updates
Migration is the key word for you. If you already have a CA your prepay app will be updated to have all the CA features and if you are only using prepay you will be migrated to CA

1 Like

over 2 hours so far…any longer and they will be in legacy bank timescales

1 Like

But too feisty today aren’t we :scream::rage::smirk:

Just kidding don’t take it too serious hope they get back to you.

1 Like

Just got my shiny new card through the post and the upgrade process completed seamlessly (from prepay to CA).

I also had the notification about the negative amount being topped up, and the “PBT: prepaidtransfer_#####” showing in my feed. (Android app v1.14.1)

Just as an aside, I didn’t see any information about what you recommend to do with the old card. Normally banks tell you to cut up or shred the old one so I found it a little strange that no guidance was given for this.

There is whole thread here for you to share your thoughts on the subject :grin:

Given that the card will be disabled when you upgrade and it can’t authorise offline transactions there’s absolutely no harm in keeping the card around as it will always decline. You should keep it as a souvenir. :wink:

3 Likes

Uhm well, I mean I got a 1 minute response time on Saturday.

1 Like

That would great. Over 3 hours now versus 3 minutes on a recent enquiry with Starling

I think HSBC might exist in entirely another timeframe than 2017

5 Likes

That’s insane… and the fact they’re prepared to say that in public makes me suspect it’s normal.

As much as this is true, I can imagine it not being quite so clear for some of the less technical Monzo members.

lol is this now turning into a battle of wills on your part - if I haven’t had an answer from in app support in less than 30 minutes I usually follow up with a" hello anybody there" - which is usually answered within 5 minutes - do messages slip through the system ?- presumably

1 Like

maybe a “are you closed at the weekend” might work :wink:

1 Like

I was the one who set this in the in-app chat settings after the last week. We were truly swamped by the fallout of the recent prepaid card outages and I changed this to better set expenctations over the nights and weekends. I have asked someone to change it back.

As for wait times themselves, we’ve spent the last few months hiring significantly more support staff to better handle our evening and weekend load.

Please also do remember that iOS users were not officially supposed to be upgraded until the start of next week and non-preview Android users are unlikely to have received their cards just yet. I’ll see if I can contact someone to look at the current account queue today though. :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

many thanks as usual the legend RichardR

2 Likes

I would love an invite if still available :slight_smile:

A big thanks to Calum on the COps for sorting out my update to CA

5/5

5 Likes

Still waiting…

4 Likes

My vote worked :exploding_head:

would it be annoying if I had already migrated :smiling_imp: