What phone are you using? (Late 2018 Edition)

Upgraded to the iPhone X last month…only to smash the ****** two days ago. Currently using a Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 :joy:

…Thank God I’m insured…

2 Likes

Ouch!

I made the jump from iOS to Android this Christmas with a Fairphone 2 running LineageOS. Enjoying it very much so far!

I was set on getting a Moto G for a while, but I liked what I saw with the Fairphone: attempts at an ethical supply chain, a very repairable device, and reasonably priced spare parts. An ongoing 24% off sale didn’t hurt either.

1 Like

Samsung s8

Debating pixel 3 :thinking: no expandable memory though … Also I don’t need a new phone.

Oh and whatever iPhone I scrounged from my dad for free trade

2 Likes

Get a Pixel 3!!!

1 Like

Bad influence :rofl:

4 Likes

I’ve got the One Plus 3T. Really like it, probably my second favourite phone I’ve ever had, after the Blackberry Bold 9780. That phone was amazing.

I’ll probably get a Huawei or Google Pixel of my next phone when my current contract expires.

Landline.

No, not really. I’m 60, not bonkers.

4 Likes

I’ve got a OnePlus 6T that’s currently back in its box.

Sticking with my 5T for now.

Just got iPhone XR in yellow for Christmas :hot_coral_heart:

4 Likes

Xiaomi Redmi 4 still does me proud for lots of things

Moto G6 Plus. Excellent phone, as much as I could ever want, at a pretty decent price

Had a Moto G4 till earlier this year. Great phone at a really great price. Unfortunately the battery started to fade and it is getting near impossible to charge it via the micro USB

At about the same time I replaced it I started with Monzo (and Starling) so wanted a phone that had both fingerprint scanning and NFC, and ideally USB-C charging, which the G6 Plus offered up

Only slight hitch is that the fingerprint scanner is sometimes a bit of a law unto itself, not recognising my finger - it seems especially bad on those occasions that Google Pay decides I need to enter my fingerprint again - importance based decision tree!

Next time around I would certainly want a fingerprint scanner that could check more than a slice of my finger at the same time. Maybe wireless charging as well, but lasted the past decade okay without it

1 Like

iPhone X for my main device and oppo Find X as my secondary/working. Some amazing features on that not least that actual full screen display.

I got a new Xiaomi A2 in their black Friday sale, was a much needed upgrade to my HTC One from 2013. It just got the Android 9 (Pie) update but is missing NFC so I’m still whipping out my Coral card and striking up conversations about Monzo when I pay :grin:

I’ve had a bad year for phones. Started with a Moto G4 Plus, then started having charging issues. To tide me over I got a Moto C Plus which was OK. When the Moto G6 came out I bought that and it was OK at first, until it started acting up and not booting.

It went off for repair and I bought a cheap Nokia 1 (I had sold the C Plus by now). I was impressed with the Nokia so when the Moto came back with the same fault I returned it and plumped for a Nokia 8 which has just got Android Pie. All good so far with it and hoping I won’t have these issues in 2019!

Tl:dr: I’m using a Nokia 8.

1 Like

Xperia Z1 :smiley:

iPhone XS Max…Tried switching to Galaxy S9+ & Pixel 3 XL but had to go back to XS! :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Recently bought Samsung Galaxy S7.
I am satisfied at this moment, but of course it’s too early to judge all its pros and cons.

iPhone XS Max - I’m on the Apple Upgrade Programme so pretty much upgrade every year.

Also been with Nexus devices since 2010 Nexus S, love the stock Android experience.

Currently still rocking my OG 2016 Pixel XL as I’m not sure where I want to go next. It’s the first time in a long time I’ve felt like I have a device I don’t NEED to upgrade, so I’ve thrown it on a SIM only deal for a while until I decide.

Currently considering Pixel 3, Mate 20 Pro, OnePlus 6T.

1 Like