What phone are you using? (Late 2018 Edition)

I got a new Xiaomi A2 in their black Friday sale, was a much needed upgrade to my HTC One from 2013. It just got the Android 9 (Pie) update but is missing NFC so I’m still whipping out my Coral card and striking up conversations about Monzo when I pay :grin:

I’ve had a bad year for phones. Started with a Moto G4 Plus, then started having charging issues. To tide me over I got a Moto C Plus which was OK. When the Moto G6 came out I bought that and it was OK at first, until it started acting up and not booting.

It went off for repair and I bought a cheap Nokia 1 (I had sold the C Plus by now). I was impressed with the Nokia so when the Moto came back with the same fault I returned it and plumped for a Nokia 8 which has just got Android Pie. All good so far with it and hoping I won’t have these issues in 2019!

Tl:dr: I’m using a Nokia 8.

(Dawid) #83

Xperia Z1 :smiley:

(Ray Singh) #84

iPhone XS Max…Tried switching to Galaxy S9+ & Pixel 3 XL but had to go back to XS! :roll_eyes:

(Tom) #85

Recently bought Samsung Galaxy S7.
I am satisfied at this moment, but of course it’s too early to judge all its pros and cons.

(Nicole Dall) #86

iPhone XS Max - I’m on the Apple Upgrade Programme so pretty much upgrade every year.

Also been with Nexus devices since 2010 Nexus S, love the stock Android experience.

Currently still rocking my OG 2016 Pixel XL as I’m not sure where I want to go next. It’s the first time in a long time I’ve felt like I have a device I don’t NEED to upgrade, so I’ve thrown it on a SIM only deal for a while until I decide.

Currently considering Pixel 3, Mate 20 Pro, OnePlus 6T.

(Splodf) #88

I’ve not met anyone who actually likes the 6T.

A lot of people at work went for the Mate 20 Pro and they absolutely love it.

Upgraded to the Mate 20 Pro. Absolutely loving it.

I went for the iPhone XS so I can use the dual SIM. Got an EE eSIM and a Vodafone physical SIM. Handy being able to swap depending on which has the best signal.

(Sacha) #91

Still rocking an S8+. Gonna wait for 5g before upgrading.

(Sacha Zarb) #92

iPhone XR, Product Red. Shifted from an iPhone X, mainly to save £20 a month on the upgrade program. Best value iPhone I reckon, excellent but of kit

Note 9

(Dan Mullen) #94

I was very happy with my Pixel 2 XL but my wife was desperate for a better phone (she still had her Nexus 5X). I did the only honourable thing, which was to buy myself the Pixel 3 XL and give her my 2 XL. (I know, I know, I’m such a thoughtful husband :clap:t2:).

In all seriousness, I was very happy with my old phone and had no intention of getting the Pixel 3. As it’s gone to my wife, I haven’t even managed to recoup some of the cost of the new one by selling it!

For me there is very little difference between the 2 and the 3, certainly not enough to warrant upgrading. If anything I sort of prefer the older phone due to the lack of a notch.

(Richard) #95

Prevous phone was a 128GB iPhone 7 which recently undertook a battery replacement (and screen due to apple breaking the Touch ID) and now my mother’s new phone.

Bought myself an iPhone X on the Black Friday sale at John Lewis!

(David I) #96

I am considering the same (although in Red obviously) but curious; what did you upgrade from, and was it a worthy update? I have an iPhone 7 currently if that changes your answer?

(Rachel Raybould) #97

I had a 6s with a second battery replacement. It was worth the update for me just because my old phone needed charging 5-6 times a day and I need to be able to walk away from the charger sometimes :sweat_smile:

I’m loving this phone so far but I do have AirPods so that helps out with charging and listening to music at same time. I might need to get the splitter at some point though that would be my only complaint so far.

(David I) #98

Thank you. My 7 is about the same as your 6s - needs charging more often than my :mondo: card :wink: not yet got myself any AirPods though - been relying on Bose QC35ii bluetooth headphones but they are a little large for day to day use!

(Rachel Raybould) #99

I would totally recommend the upgrade then!
However the AirPods need a case you can attach a tile to (I am a very short time memory person though)