What music are you listening to at the moment?

The American Graffitti soundtrack today, it’s easily my favourite film sound track.

A friend of mine posted the controversial opinion that “Hearsay” by Alexander O’ Neal was the greatest album ever produced by Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis.

Controversial because they’ve produced some iconic albums including most of Janet Jackson’s catalog (so albums like Control and Rhythm Nation) and several soul/funk classics like albums for The SOS Band, New Edition, Cherrelle, Change and many more.

Plot twist - Jimmy Jam replied to the tweet and he agrees :astonished:

I’m torn - I think Hearsay is more consistent but Alex’s debut is no slouch either. Both are among my favourite albums of all time.

So - if you’re in the mood for some iconic soul and funk, here ya go:

A fun track, if it was the summer right now this song would be huge!

Spotify is the best for me,now I’m enjoying Ed Sheeran album…once again.

Bond are back! I prefer the instrumental as for me the lyrics are really cheesy. You could argue that as a classical pop band why are they even singing? In any case it’s good to see them still making music. Roll on the album!

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Mostly listening to The Cars at the moment

1 Like

I’m struggling to find any decent “current” artists. I usually just say “Google play music” and hope for the best :joy:

3 Likes

Griselda

Work Christmas do tonight, and I was roped into playing “DJ” (translation: no-one else knew how to make Spotify work nicely). Lots of queuing up Motown, 80s pop, 70s pop, 90s cheese, more Motown…

But after the last song (Don’t Leave Me This Way (boom boom)), I did throw in one for myself (and also to clear the floor :sweat_smile:):

3 Likes

A playlist of some new-ish music if anyone is interested, quite varied in styles https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5nC5ll9tg6erXH5PDWrJbp?si=6o0Os7bbR8ClMe4YvqfUYA

Let me know if you do listen and particularly like anything on it :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Found a bunch of my old anime. Don’t have the time to watch it all again, so ended up watching a whole bunch of OP/EDs instead and falling into a pit of nostalgia.

(Saved the best for last.)

So that’s what music I’ve been listening to tonight.

(Edit: dammit, I can’t believe I didn’t think to add “A Cruel Angel’s Thesis”)

that meloncholy one…

wtf did you just make me watch?

1 Like

The greatest anime ED of checks 2006. In 2007 everyone was doing their own videos to the dance. Even including a prison.

Probably more fun than doing an ice bucket challenge, if more challenging :sweat_smile:

must have been busy that year and missed it

what a shame

you’ll love the soundtrack to this

damn you

1 Like