What bag do you use?

All you people here seem pretty smart, techie types - what bags do you use for your every day carrying?

I’ve got the Peak Design Everyday Backpack. It’s hard to describe all the ways it works for me, it’s so versatile. You can open both sides, and the internal dividers are adjustable. It’s designed for photographers, but I found it great for carrying whatever equipment I use (I do a lot of podcast production, so might have mics and an audio recorder and cables and what not). My only regret is buying the 30l size which is quite massive - I thought I could use it to take all my stuff to the gym on work days, but sadly my gigantic feet mean my trainers are too big to fit in. (I solved the entire issue by paying for a locker at the gym and leaving everything there - I don’t know why I didn’t think of this first), so if I was buying it again I’d go for the 20l option, which is still very roomy.

I buy a ridiculous number of bags, I tend to get a new ‘big’ one every year, and smaller ones whenever I spot one I like, so this thread could have a negative effect on my bank balance.

3 Likes

I currently use a nice Superdry bag :joy: Nothing too fancy, just liked the style :sunglasses:

https://www.superdry.com/mens/bags/details/64342/trinity-montana-rucksack-light-grey

It’s spacious enough inside for a thin laptop and gym gear at the same time. But most of the time it’s just got my noise cancelling headphones, something to drink and then a couple of ‘tech bags’, basically some small pouches & cases for holding USBs, cables, adapters (#dongles) and various other tech bits :stuck_out_tongue:

If I were to upgrade I’d be looking at a Bellroy bag :smile:

But the bag you linked has peaked :wink: my interest! :joy: 3rd alt. is a kickstarter bag with batteries and cables built in, etc. But I’m happy with my basic bag for now :grin:

5 Likes

I’ve been using a Crumpler Dark Side backpack since 2008. It’s supposed to be a laptop bag, but I rarely actually carry on. The reason I particularly like the bag is that when you’re wearing it, the straps go over the zip so it’s almost impossible to anyone to open it.

3 Likes

I bought this about 3 years ago and still going strong. Used for laptop and lots of other small but plus notebook for work.

I wouldn’t spend £150 on a backpack tbh.

2 Likes

This is going to be a bad thread for me haha I seem to have become a little obsessive with bags lately.

Currently using this…
http://eu.patagonia.com/gb/en/product/black-hole-backpack-25-liters/49296.html?dwvar_49296_color=NPTR&cgid=luggage-black-hole-bags#start=1

Most of the time I feel like it’s a bit of an overkill but I love it all the same :slight_smile:

Looking forward to seeing what everyone else is using…

1 Like

My current one is Samsonite Red and I am pretty happy with it (sadly model no longer on sale), but if I was to upgrade I will still be buying Samsonite Red, probably this one:

1 Like

Woah big fan of bellroy! Didn’t realise they’d started doing bags…

I don’t have a laptop, so I find that this is ideal for me. £0.05 from the Co-Op (other brands and designs are available at the same price). image

38 Likes

@caspararemi, I love that bag :heart_eyes:

I too seem to be a hoarder of bags. I’ve got a couple of North Face ones, which are great but I find them a bit of a pain when it comes to them staying in shape. I use them mostly for when I’m on holiday so I can just throw everything in them. My current bag is this:

I love that it’s sturdy and stylish; and it’s roomy enough for me - easily stores a folder, some notebooks, my MacBook, iPad and others odds and sods. :+1:t3:

3 Likes

Ah man I wish you never linked that Bellroy bag.

I’ve got two bags out of work in the past year or so I don’t I could ask them for this as well!

Currently have this https://www.oneplus.com/uk/oneplus-travel-with-music-bundle

1 Like

Aww man a bag thread. This is gonna get expensive

3 Likes

I use a samsonite also one of the Guardit range to be presice. I love that its sturdy, lasted over two years daily use and no signs of wear and tear. Also it holds what I need it too, laptop couple of books and other bits and bobs :+1:

3 Likes

Great thread and like others have said, gonna be expensive! Here’s my latest. Loved the design but wished it had a few more pockets. https://goo.gl/images/dMJUSj

1 Like

I use a Thule backpack with a Cocoon. Have used for the last 5+ years and it was the best investment I ever made.

3 Likes

Ooooh, I like the look of the Cocoon. That’s very nifty. :heart_eyes:

I’ve got the Kaban for everyday use. Super comfortable and minimalistic :ok_hand:

(It has this cool tab you can pull in the laptop compartment that brings the laptop to top of the bag so you can just grab it easily :heart:)

1 Like

Any cyclists out there with a particular bag they would recommend?

2 Likes

I’ve always been a fan of Crumpler Messenger bags. Used one for almost 8 years before buying my new one. Fits in my laptop and anything I need during the day. Messenger bags are great for cyclists!

bag

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00BTGIR4U

4 Likes

Got 2 “everyday bags” - depends how much i’m hauling.

Backpack - assynt 17
Messenger - wee lug mk2

Extremely waterproof bags, bottom of my jeans got soaked with the water run off on Friday during the thunder storm we had in Edinburgh (carrying the Wee Lug).

Edit: Added image of my messenger bag…

1 Like

I use a Harris Tweed satchel bag because I’m an unbearable hipster.

It’s actually a really decent laptop bag. And the pockets perfectly fit my kindle, and other assorted chargers and things.

10 Likes