Wallet recommendations

Has anyone got any recommendations for good wallets? When you tip mine upside down, all my cards fall out! Useless comes to mind!

Hopefully will be not too expensive!

Thanks in advance

I remember a wallet story from earlier this year filled with suggestions!

Here: Men's Leather Wallet Black/Brown/Tan

1 Like

I have one from the Red Arrows.

2 ID card slots (folds open with clear covers) and 2 slots to fill with cards with an elasticated piece to secure them in. Also the usual zipped change pouch and folding money slot.

1 Like

I (and many of my friends have) one from here I’ve had it several years and still looks pretty much like new. I have the cards only version - really forces you to simplify and not carry too much.

2 Likes

I’ve got a “collection” of Mont Blanc wallets. They’re lovely, but I don’t need/have a use for them now since going walletless.

I have a small Bellroy card holder to carry cards when I travel.

1 Like

I’ve got a Bellroy phone case which has enough space for 4 cards which I use for going to work.

Then for going out where I might need more cards like discount cards and things I’ve got a Ridge wallet to keep it low profile:

Most of the time, with Google Pay and a couple of payment cards (two of the card slots are taken up with my driving license + for pass for work), the phone case is all I needed :+1:

1 Like

Thin King for me!!

Slim and mega sexy!

https://www.thinkingcardcase.com/collections/all

1 Like

I have a Secrid Card Protector. It’s fantastic. Only downside is that since getting one, I can really see the value of unembossed cards - I’d be able to fit a couple more cards in if they were all flat. But it still carries enough for my daily use, at least.

It’s kind of modular in that you can get versions with moneybands and extra wallet-y parts if you need them, but I’ve just got a bog-standard one.

2 Likes

I use this;

Means I don’t need a wallet, and can carry my Driving Licence & Monzo Card.

1 Like

I’ve just bought one of these :grin: I have one of the metal slim ones but it only holds 5 embossed cards. This one is elastic and can hold up to 10.

Trove Swift

1 Like

Wow I have been watching this thread for someone to post a hidden gem and this is it. Card holder version in charcoal looks amazing ill order one of these for sure.

1 Like

I’ve always seen card slots in phone cases as risky, if you lose the phone you’ve lost it all!

2 Likes

TK Maxx always seems to have some decent priced wallets…

https://www.tkmaxx.com/uk/en/search?q=wallets

1 Like

I got this one. The Dark Mocha Edition

1 Like

Never used anything better than my trusty Tyvek wallet.

Also all designer/brand wallets seem to be massively style over substance.

People using card only wallets, what on earth do you do with the other things one carries in a wallet?

I don’t carry them. I’m cash-free now, so that’s not a problem. And I don’t think I ever carried anything else in my wallet.

1 Like

Currently have a handful of train tickets, receipts, gig tickets, business cards and a lot of cash. Would love to hear more about you being cash free - it seems impossible even for a couple of days in London let alone the countryside or when travelling outside the UK.

1 Like

I live in a rural area and use cash maybe once or twice a month now

Hmmm. I just spent a week in central London and had to use cash multiple times every day. Corner shops, bars, charity, multiple independent traders, tips in places where it wasn’t clear on card distribution policies. Don’t mention the rest of Europe or, heaven forbid, the world…

1 Like