What app cant you live without?

Piggy backing off the Show us your homescreen thread

What is the one app that you cant live without (not including :monzo:?) I found the Overcast app due to a few images which I’ve already used today and love considering IOS11 ruined the podcast app and i wanted to discover some new and good ones to download.

1 Like

I’m on Android and use Google Play Music a lot, and when I have to, use Tunnel Bear so that I can activate the Podcast feature…

2 Likes

The clock app…I’d be late everyday with out my alarms :rotating_light:

Just a few

1 Like

I use Pocket Casts for podcasts. Android, iOS and web versions and they can all sync together to maintain play position.

2 Likes

Feedly for me. It’s where I get my tech news fix each day (every few hours). Though I am yet to curate a decent fintech feed.

1 Like

Can’t say just one app I’ll be lost with out most of the apps on my phone tbh. Here are my top few…

Monzo :mondo: :money_mouth_face:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.inbox

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lifecake.android

1 Like
1 Like

Same as before, I can’t limit it to one app. Using them almost every day, I’d mostly miss the following apps if I downgraded to a ‘dumb’ phone.

Google Keep

Progression workout tracker

Strava

Spotify

And of course, Monzo! :monzo:

Love that you specifically stated not including Monzo and at least a few people still could’t resist saying Monzo

1 Like

I did, just because of that :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I just had to re-read the first post on the back of this… It seems I got a bit too excited and jumped ahead to the other posts (and writing mine).

Authy, because it holds my digital life and syncs it between phones.

For me it has to be my SamsungPay app

1 Like

What podcast feature?! :eyes:

2 Likes

Yep. Authy. Good one. and 1Password.

Outlook for my email. (I use Apple’s Mail too because Outlook can’t access my work email account).

Feedly for reading RSS feeds.

Apollo for Reddit.

CityMapper because I get lost very easily and it’s a great way to figure out whether I should wait for the next bus or just walk along my route.

Instagram, since adding Stories it’s become my favourite social app. I post more stories than I do tweets.

and MyFitnessPall because I’m diabetic and need to log all the carbs I’m taking in so I know what insulin to take. If I’m cooking a meal from scratch It’s handy to scan the barcodes of everything I’m putting in to create a ‘meal’ item and then divide it into the number of portions I’m making, or if it’s something ready-made it’s almost definitely in the database already.

2 Likes

the one thats only available in the US… i normally just TunnelBear in once a week and refresh my account from app…

should be available to us soon… well they have been saying that for a long time now

I use TunneBear on Chrome and iOS