We're working on a new look for the Monzo app

It seems to not just be on tesflight on iOS

iOS is now on the App Store, if you Update the app (you may need to kill the app and restart it to see the changes, I did).

Android is… as others have said.

1 Like

I didn’t use the Summary at all so it won’t be missed!

1 Like

I didn’t, but I want to, but until they add a few things to it I can’t (due to pay cycles etc).

So just updated…

It’s a lot cleaner than before… actually wouldn’t mind a dark mode on this.

Still think the payments screen could be improved, seems rather cluttered now compared to the main screen (is that coming next? :wink: )

Edit; to follow on from the 2nd comment… particularly for iOS (not sure how Android does this), I’d prefer if you could appear in iMessage similar to N26/Pingit

1 Like

I love the cleaner layout. There’s a lot less stuff happening.

Looking forward to seeing how Summary/Budgets can be hidden away behind the little widget that will appear the top of the feed.

Now that Pulse has gone, how will I be able to see what my balance was on a given date?

1 Like

For the moment, you won’t. Well, not in the app, anyway. I imagine a bank statement will give it to you.

I guess this is something that will come back in time but we’ll have to wait and see.

1 Like

Exporting the Statement for the date you want I think would achieve that.

1 Like

Love the new layout so far nice and clean. Don’t miss the pulse the graph at all, it only restarted on the 1st of the month not when I get paid so was pointless. The new budget widget looks good at the top of the feed. I won’t miss the summery circle either but no others will. :+1:

I haven’t requested early access (as I can’t function without the ‘left to spend’ figure from the Summary page!) but I can see some changes on the Accounts tab. I love having the pots in a list instead of having to swipe left/right for them, but I’m not keen on having ‘Borrowing’ right at the top above the pots (when I’m not currently borrowing anything). I know you guys have to make money but this feels a bit too pushy to me.

3 Likes

If you speak to cops they can remove this for you on the old version.

1 Like

A very small but important (to me) touch: Having just three tabs at the bottom follows what Apple have seemingly started doing in their built-in apps (e.g. Apple News). They used to have up to five or six tabs there, but they’ve started simplifying their apps to only have three at the most there. Some, like Apple Music and Podcasts, still have more, but maybe they’ll be updated by iOS 13 (which we’ll see at the start of June).

If Summary does come back, a different entry point to a tab might make sense.

The changes to the Account screen are unrelated to this. You can see more about that here.

1 Like

I think @bruno was referring to the “Pot Transfers” part in Summary, which showed all your pot transfers for the Summary period. I don’t think he was referring to the Pot History feature currently on Android, which shows all the transfers for a single pot.

1 Like

Not sure if it’s been said already but I can’t see my overdraft. Only a link to ‘learn more’

1 Like

Looks decent.

A couple of thoughts:

• Have you explored using the Monzo blue/dark navy colour as a background behind the card?

• I’m not sure that the balance, floating above the card, is quite right. (But I can’t quite see where else to put it, either…)

1 Like

One thing that bugs me is when you scroll down the feed the scrolling stops when the balance flips to the title bar. For me it should be continue scrolling without a pause. It just feels wrong.

2 Likes

Please no :joy: We’ve only just got rid of it!

1 Like

Do you mean the ‘flick’ to get the transaction list to the top of the screen? That feels like a separate action to the ‘scroll’ of the list to me so I hadn’t really noticed it.

I guess I never tried to scroll past it because it seemed like a natural break point.