We're working on a new look for the Monzo app

Not sure if this is a feature (or if it’s been said before), but if you are scrolling through your feed, and want to get back to the top, you can just swipe from right to left and it brings you back automatically :sunglasses:

6 Likes

100% this - The account switcher still feels forgotten about.

Would be good to see an account switcher behind this button as well as the Pots and anything else.

Are you referring to pots history? I think Andriod already has this, so I hope we will be getting that on iOS :blush:

1 Like

Also, again, not sure if this has been said, but you can swipe the card up, to make your entire feed full screen (I saw some complaints that the card took up too much space still).

4 Likes

So everything seems good apart from what appears to be a bug on the home screen.

• I dont have the budgeting widget (unsure if this is meant to be there right now).
  • I have a section for 7 days from now which is empty.
    I feel like this should be hidden if it has no items? This might be cause by the fact I’m in my overdraft / payday is tomorrow?
  • There is no longer an item on the feed for the amount of charges you’ve accrued from using the overdraft. This was always really useful and a good reminder to move money around to avoid the charges.

Using iPhone X v2.44 testflight

IMG_2266

Yes, exactly. Maybe I was getting my terms confused. :grimacing:

1 Like

1 is coming in the next iOS TestFlight version. It’s a 0.01 version behind android currently which has it

2&3 are the same. My overdraft fees due takes a second or two to appear. Doesn’t it load for you fully?

No its just an empty tableview cell, I’ve left the app open for a few minutes and still nothing, also killed the app again, still nothing.

Not a big issue but definitely a bug.

1 Like

Just a comment on the “locking” of the Home Screen, this only works if you scroll up to “hide” the card and then do another scroll of your transactions, it doesn’t “lock” if you just swipe up to hide the card.

Not sure if this is intended but I think it would be better if it “locked” as soon as it reaches the tope of the screen, without the extra scrolling being needed.

Also: I quite like that “spent today” is gone I didn’t really care for it that much, maybe that can be integrated into whatever “summary” becomes.

2 Likes

Weird. Works fine here on the new view!

On a bit of mature(!) reflection, I think the way account switching feels it ought to work is as follows:

• Tap on ’£74.25, Personal Account’ in the middle (or top) of the screen to get a drop down box with:
    Personal £74.25
    Joint £0.00
    Barclaycard £-20,471
    Others…!

• Replace ‘View all’ with ‘Pots’ (there must be a better name but I can’t think of it) and do what it does now

Clearly I don’t actually expect this to be done in this way.

I’m not even saying that I think this is a good/best way to do things.

It’s more that this is the way the UI makes me feel it ‘ought to work’ (best way I can express it).

3 Likes

Liking the simplistic view so far. Alas I do miss summary for now.
One thing I can’t spot, which is probably missing for now is to set a payroll date. I’ve just changed job with a different pay date. Guessing it’s not implemented yet, but will be once left to spend is available on iOS?

1 Like

For this I would like to see the personal account and joint account in the list above pots after you choose “select all”. Here you can then have all the info for that account (balance, overdraft, available, etc).

3 Likes

I’d be happy with this, or @Feathers suggestion of tapping on the balance at the top.

Or even tapping on the avatar in the top left (although this is now for the settings etc).

1 Like

Personally, I would like a swipe of the card to change accounts. Would feel more natural to me.

10 Likes

Maybe inserting another icon next to the bell for account switching (not sure what this icon could or would be exactly) and then having the “view all” become “Pots” like you say.

Love the new design.

Only gripe so far is the transactions tab sometimes gets stuck half open. I’d like to be able to flick it open or closed, not have to drag it all the way

IT’S SO PRETTY!!

Ok… calming down. Will be interesting to see the re-introduction of ‘Summary’ but for now this feels sleeker, and more intuitive. No more graph that I don’t use/can’t hide, BYE PULSE GRAPH! and everything else is findable and, other than some muscle memory I’m sure I’ll have forgotten the old UI pretty soon.

GREAT job and I know there is more to come.

Edit: Hang on, what the HECK am I gonna rant about now they’ve got rid of the Pulse Graph!?!! :rofl:

2 Likes

Hey

Am still waiting for access which i requested on saturday. Do we get an email link or do we have to click something within the app

1 Like

Android is not released yet. iOS is only on testflight at the moment. Once released you will automatically see it.